Chapter 1 - SisterZoned

Start from the beginning

"I...would definitely know because I'm her sister. I mean, there isn't anything to know, so I don't know anything."

"Hmmm. I guess. I was just so certain that Kara was..." Sam's phone buzzed in her purse, and she pulled it out. "Excuse me." She checked it briefly, sighing. "It's work. It's alway work lately. I have to get going. It was great seeing you both. We'll have to catch up soon."

"Sounds good," Maggie said with a wave.

"Yeah, maybe over the weekend," Alex said, trailing slightly after Sam so she could keep chatting a bit. "You can bring Ruby. We'll see if Kara is free, nice, normal, boring Kara who has no secrets."

Sam laughed, stopping with her back pressed against the door. "I'm still not so sure about that. I tell you what though. I'm meeting Lena for lunch to go over some final details for a contract. I'm going to pry a little bit and see if I can't get this secret out of her. Later!" With a wave and a push of her back against the door, Sam disappeared outside.

With a gasp, Alex spun to stare at Maggie who was just a few feet behind her and looking just as alarmed. "Fuck!"

"Go! Go!" Maggie said, nearly bowling Alex down as she made her way to the door. "Come on. We can't let her out Kara to Lena."

"So, what do we do?"

"Right now I'm panicking," Maggie replied, hurrying down the street as she saw the CFO. "Hey, Sam, wait up!"

Turning, Sam paused with a small smile. "Hey, what's going on?"

"Uh...don't talk to Lena."

"Why not, Maggie?"

"She, uh...she...Alex, why not?"

"Fuck," Alex mumbled. "Look, Sam, whatever you think is going on isn't going on, but you'll make things complicated for Kara if you tell Lena you think something is going on that isn't going on so just don't tell Lena what you think is going on is going on...because it isn't. Okay?"

After blinking several times, Sam replied, "I have no idea what you just said."

"Yeah, me neither," Maggie admitted. "Are we still discussing the same thing?"

"Stop helping, Sawyer," Alex grumbled. "Sam, Kara and Lena are really good friends. Kara cares about her, but things are just...complicated, okay? Just let this go. Can you let this go?"

"Really good friends, huh?" Sam sipped her coffee, her jaw working back and forth and her eyes narrowing. "Does this have anything to do with Lena's last name?"

"Kara does not care about that."

"Do you?" Sam asked.

"I trust Kara's judgment," Alex replied immediately. "Anyway, Lena has done more good for this city, for the world, than the rest of the Luthors have done harm. If people were really judging the name Luthor accurately, they're in the positives from all of the good Lena has done."

Squeezing Alex's arm, Maggie said, "That was really sweet, babe. We're still arresting Lillian when we catch her though."

"Federal max as soon as we catch her slippery ass."

Relaxing a bit, Sam nodded. "So, you're fine with Lena."

Alex nodded.

"Why wouldn't we be?" Maggie asked.

"No reason. Well, no reasonable reason," Sam replied. "Kara seems super."

Alex laughed nervously and took another sip of her coffee, mumbling into the cup, "Fuck."