Chapter 33: The battle for freedom! King of dragon's vs the king of lions.

It has been exactly 30 minutes since Issei finished his phone call with Rias' cousin Sairaorg. With the location of the final 5 shards finally revealed, Issei felt a huge weight lift off of his chest. The Sekiryutei lay down with his Rias holding her close to himself, finally able to relax.

However, Rias was far from relaxed in this situation. Issei was going to have to fight again so soon. It's not been long since he recovered from his fatigue and illness. And to make matters worse, he was going to fight a very powerful opponent.

Issei was the first to break the silence that night, bringing up a certain individual who has not been seen for quite some time.

"So has your brother made any progress with calming down Fenrir's bloodlust?" Issei said holding Rias close to his chest.

"Yeah, he contacted me recently about him. Apparently, you should be able to bring Fenrir to live in the world of the living by next week." Rias said making Issei smile like a child on Christmas day.

"That's great! I've always wanted a family dog, so knowing that it will only take another week for him to get used to humans. Well I guess not eat them, I'm very excited to see him again. I know Ryujin and Risa are going to love having a big dog to play with." Issei said making Rias smile at Issei's optimism.

Nevertheless, Rias reverted back to her previous issue.

"Hey Issei..... Are you really going to fight Sairaorg?" Rias questioned hiding her face in his chest.

"You don't want me to fight him, because he's family?" Issei asked feeling insensitive al of a sudden.

"No, it's not that... I just don't want you to push yourself so hard after you have not long ago gotten better. If anything were to happen to you..." Rias said suddenly tearing up.

Issei smiled and kissed her on the lips.

Rias grabbed his hand on her cheek and replied to his sudden invitation.

Issei placed his hand on the back of Rias' head and gently stroked her hair.

"Don't worry Rias, I won't do anything stupid. After all, I've got a family to think about now." Issei said pulling her in for a hug.

"Just make sure you win before you can get in any serious trouble..... Okay?" Rias said putting on her pleading eyes and innocent face.

"I'll blast through the competition, and then I'll show your cousin that I deserve the family name. Just stay by my side and cheer your heart out for me. And I will continue to reach new heights. I won't let anything happen to you or the twins. I swear it." Issei said holding her gently but warmly.

"I wouldn't be able to call myself the wife of the legendary Sekiryutei, if I wasn't able to do that much." Rias replied as they both lay down together, their eyes closing in unison. Their bodies finally getting the rest that they deserved.

Issei and his peerage set out almost straight away, their destination being the tournament of Issei's destiny.

The Gremories disappeared inside the family magic circle, unaware of the dangers and tragedies that may or not befall them all.

Sairaorg clearly wasn't exaggerating his pure excitement to face against the Sekiryutei. He pulled out all of the stops, concession stands, refreshments and to top it all off, the fighting stage was inside a colossal coliseum.

The seats this time were surrounding the battle field itself. A powerful magical barrier had been deployed, set up to protect all of the spectators who had gathered to witness this glorious occasion.