Chapter 51 | I'm A Little Insecure But You Can't Know That

Zacznij od początku

"Whatever you're doing with me," He said in a playful tone, narrowing his eyes into slits, "Don't do it."

"What exactly did I do?" I asked him. He was being ridiculous. "Last time I checked, you were the one mingling with your ex."

He looked frustrated but only for a second before an emotional look crept onto his face.

"Blake! Get your ass up here."

I turned my head around to see that we were the only ones standing here. I could vaguely see Natasha getting a piggyback ride from Luke as they were the slowest ones to reach the top. I could wait. I wanted to know what Bellamy had to see and I turned to look at him. He remained silent as I searched his face for an answer. His only reaction was dropping his hold on me and side stepping me as he began to climb up the hell. I stood still for a couple of seconds, unable to function what just happened.

"Blake! Where the hell are you?" Veronica shouted again and this time a few birds flew off the nearby trees. I sucked in a breath as I made my way towards her, making sure to push past Bellamy.

That gesture hurt my heart as much as my shoulder. I shouldn't have done that and I regretted it the instant my shoulder collided with his, but I was also stubborn hence, I avoided him as we looked around us. The top of the hill wasn't much of a clearing but we got a view of all the other hills that were around us. Now this was a far better place for a campsite.

Hours past by as we split up and did various things. Harry brought his skateboard up here and tried to go down the hill without dying — Eliza nearly had a heart attack by watching him and it took an hour just to clean and patch him up. After that was done, I decided to wander off alone because I knew I was being followed.

"Are you going to keep following me?" I asked as I kicked a rock on the ground.

I heard severely more twigs crack behind me. "Are you going to keep avoiding me?"

I laughed humorlessly. "Not so fun when you're the one being ignored, is it?" I said and turned around to face Bellamy.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Honestly Blake, what's the big deal? Mandy wanted to talk and I couldn't refuse her."

"I don't understand why you couldn't. You hated her when I got here and you clearly hated her." My hands exasperated. "I- I just feel like you're giving her the attention she's craving."

"I don't have to like someone to talk to them." He said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You probably don't think that but she does. Bel, I noticed the way she follows you around. Heck, everyone notices it."

"Everyone? When the fuck did we start caring about what people think?" He asked, taking a few steps closer to me. "You know nothings going on. You know that I love you."

"Are you sure about that?" I snapped. "Because I went to the cabin after you walked out on me and you never came to get me. Neither did Mandy join us. Eliza, Brianna,  Natasha and Veronica — all of us were there but she never came. Neither did you." I repeated.

He huffed and clenched his jaw. I stiffened my stance waiting for his excuse.

"My world doesn't revolve around, Jane and neither should yours around me. Get that into your head."

I gritted my teeth at that. I was fuming with anger. "You know what Davis?" I said bitterly, "It doesn't. I'm fucking done with you and this trash site."

I stomped back to the small clearing and grabbed Derek by the arm. He was trying to get a pack of chips opened but it fell as I yanked him to the side. He gave me a perplexed look but he eyes softened as he look at me. I probably looked nothing less than a mad bull because I knew I felt like one and I was trying so hard not to charge at anyone.

"I need you to drive me back home, please." I said without wasting a second.

He thought about it before nodding his head. "I want out of this trip just as bad as you." He tried to joke but I didn't find it funny. He stopped laughing and turned to everyone else.

"It was lovely spending time with you kids but we're going to get the hell out of here now." He said to everyone as they gave us  confused looks.

Keith studied me with his narrowed eyes. I blinked and looked away. Bellamy was intimidating enough and with the looks I was receiving, it was hard not to just find a corner and curl up in it. Derek was giving the lamest excuses to why we wanted to leave but I couldn't think of anything to back him up with. Keith stood up and I noticed he went to Bellamy who was supported a pissed off expression as he leaned against a tree. He was staring at me as he exchanged a word or two with Keith who then approached me.

"Just stay where you are. I don't need anyone's protection or advice." I said firmly.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "I only came here to tell Derek I'm coming with."

"You little piece of shit." I mumbled to which he chuckled.

Derek had finally given an acceptable reason to leave. "Ronnie, you coming?"

I couldn't hold back my laugh. She said she hated us and all teenagers in general bit I knew she was having too much fun with playing the leader. Even the boys couldn't get a say in the decisions she made. Veronica sent me a small glare. "Somebody has to take care of these kids." She said, eyeing everyone who rolled their eyes or scoffed. "Just make sure you come back to pick me up."

Derek nodded and then the awkward moment came where we weren't sure how to say goodbye. I randomly waved my hand but Natasha stepped forward and hugged me. "What's the matter?" She whispered into my ear.

"Nothing, I just realized I needed some space from Bellamy." I said and she squeezed me harder.

"Want me to come with?" She asked, pulling away.

I shook my head. "Nope, I'm all good." I gave her a smile even though it was strained. I glanced at Bellamy who was still staring at me and without wasting another moment, I turned around and made my way downhill.

I pushed away all the thoughts and emotions regarding Bellamy, making sure they were somewhere far in my head so they couldn't crawl back to the surface any time soon.

"So much for spring break." Keith mumbled as we walked to Derek's car with our things in hand.

"Are you kidding me?" I nudged him to get his full attention. "It just started and this time, we're going to do this the right way."

A/N:

A/N:

*Twenty votes for an early update(next chapter is written just need to publish it)*

Merry Christmas and before you say I'm late, no I am not. Ya'll gotta open your gifts on boxing day so here is this chapter. Although, maybe, this isn't the best gift regarding what happened in the chapter, but it's a gift nevertheless. And it's the thought that matters.

Smh, at my excuses. Anyway, what are your comments on this chapter?

And check out my new WEREWOLF BOOK it's called " Running with the Wolves "

Shout out to @thehappynutellakid and @aggelicoula for spamming my notifications with votes on all the chapters! Thank you for the support, I really really appreciate it.