Just Friends

Archie and Veronica were a pair of young adults, who were at a small Chock lit shoppe in Riverdale enjoying a milkshake on a warm and lovely summer day, when suddenly Pop's bell rang, making a pretty loud "ding" sound. It turns out, their other half of their small group of friends, Betty and Jughead had entered the chock lit' shoppe. 

They were walking closer towards their booth and as they were walking closer Archie and Veronica could hear a familiar voice, saying, 

"Arch! Vee! What's up?"

 They turned their heads backwards to see Betty, their friend, with her boyfriend, Jughead Pendleton Jones, the third. 

They sat in the booth and ordered one Vanilla and Strawberry milkshakes. They joked and told funny stories to each other. When suddenly, Archie got a call from her father and he had to leave. He kissed his girlfriend, Veronica goodbye. "Eww...get a room." Betty uttered while laughing a little bit. 

Veronica giggled, but there is something that made Jughead feel quite mad when he saw his best friend and his girlfriend kiss, it was something peculiar and different he never felt before, it was something he felt would never happen, especially towards his best friends. 

Right after Archie left, Betty's phone rang, she picked it up and there loud voice coming from her phone,

"Elizabeth Cooper! Where the hell are you! I've been waiting for you! I told you we were going to have dinner together!" 

"Sorry mom, I forgot, I'll be home in 5 minutes or less" she said to her small iPhone 5.

She then looked up to her 2 friends and said she had to leave. 

It was then just Jughead and Veronica. The two had never really talked before and Veronica felt slightly awkward, while the black haired boy starred at her beauty in awe. He felt something different when he was with Betty, it felt like looking at a mountain of shiny diamonds. 

Veronica, who was finishing her last few sips of milkshake, noticed Jughead looking at her... "What?" she questioned the boy, she let out a giggle and looked at the boy's eyes. She never looked at someone else's eyes like this before, not even Archie. "It's beautiful." Veronica thought to herself. 

She snapped out of this feeling and shook it off. "Walk me home?" the girl asked. The girl's question made him startle.