That Boy Again

I got it. I didn't like it, but I understood. There was such a thing as too much of a good thing when you weren't used to it. I was still going to try and get Edmund to treat himself to what I could afford sometimes, but I wasn't going to try and manipulate him again. Having your choice taken away was kind of... well, not really fun when it made you uncomfortable.

I slept in the next day and then lazed away the majority of the day in my pajamas. Edmund tried to get me up and moving, but I was far too tired from the day before and he finally gave up. I played with my toys and we watched a movie together, the normal way for us this time. He was in a better mood. Far more mellow about the other day. I think he looked forward to picking up his new vehicle regardless.

He was planning on doing it on Monday while I was at work. I asked him to pick me up after so I could ride in it on the way home. He agreed and I looked forward to it. It put me in a very good mood while I was getting ready to go in the morning and kept me buoyed up until lunch. That was when I went to the café and saw Edmund sitting in a booth with that boy.

I grabbed my things to go and slunk out of the place without going over to see him. I didn't want to be near that little thing sitting across from him. It made me mad, or sad, or some combination of the two to see them together like that. I didn't even see if they were smiling or not, I just had to get out of there. I doubted myself. Was he just in it for what I could give him?

No that was stupid. He was constantly telling me not to give him anything. He did things for me in return. I was overreacting to a situation that I didn't know anything about. I sat at my desk to eat and thought about how I should deal with this. Maybe I should just ask him what was going on. That was probably the best idea. I munched on my gourmet salad and looked up when Edmund came in the door.

"Oh, I brought you a tea but it looks like you already have one." His head tilted unsure. I hastily finished my bite and smiled.

"That's alright. I would love another." I replied and motioned for him to join me. He sat and slid the drink across to me.

"I ran into that kid Oscar while I was there. I wish you would have come over if you were there. He didn't believe me when I said we were still together. It was awkward." He shifted uncomfortably in his seat and I bit my lip.

"I... I wasn't sure if I should. I didn't want to intrude or anything." I looked down at my food. I heard the rustle of clothing and then he was tilting my head up to look at him. His eyes were warm and his smile as he spoke was like sunshine breaking through the clouds.

"Baby, you never intrude in my life. I always want you to feel comfortable to come and join me, no matter when or where we are. Okay?" He waited for my nod and pecked me on the lips. His hand stroking my hair calmed my mood perfectly.

"Do... do you think I could meet some of your friends, or something?" I asked nervously. He looked at me with consideration.

"Would that make you feel more comfortable? Some of them are into the same lifestyle as I am, and some of them are not. Do you want to meet a few of them at a time or just go somewhere I used to hang out before I met you?" He sat on the edge of my desk and held my hand as I considered the question. What did I want? I guess I wanted to know what kinds of people he hung around when he wasn't with me.

"Can we go somewhere? I guess I am just curious about what you did before you met me." I was relieved when he just smiled again and nodded.

"Sure thing baby. I will see you at the end of the day still, right?" He bent down to peck my lips and I leaned into it.

"Right." I replied. He left after that and I dug back in to the last of my salad. At the same time I heard a voice at my door.

"Wait, so Edmund your boyfriend is the same as Edmund the mail guy?" It was John and he was looking at me incredulously. I just smiled mildly and finished my bite before answering him.