21.) Mood Swings

"Whenever you decide that things need to change, you are resuming the leadership role of your own life, in deciding precisely what you want, and what you don't want showing up. We each have the power to heal ourselves by changing a situation."        -Olive Guillais-Lazure

All week Faye has been acting different ever since her father visited. She's been avoiding me and been doing the opposite of what I've been telling her. She's acting out, I know she is.

I have no idea how to deal with her or how to make her listen to me. Her avoiding me only irritated Klay making me snap at almost everybody. Currently, I called a meeting to talk what we could improve on and how I wanted them to lock me up when I shift on the blood moon.

I saw Faye walk past us and towards the front door completely ignoring all of us. I rushed to the door pushing the door back when she opened it slightly.

"Don't go outside today."

"Why?" She drawled out.

"Because I said so. That goes for the rest of you kids!" I yelled when they were running around in the room with us. I heard a chorus of ah's as they passed stomping their feet and running to their parents to try to make them change my mind.

I had gone back talking to the pack. As I was talking I saw movement out of my peripheral vision. I stopped talking and looked out the window. Faye was outside piling up rocks then throwing them as far as she could. I had become irritated, did I or did I not say she couldn't go outside!

I made my way out the door, my feet on the wooden flooring sounding like heavy stomps. I flung the door open staring her down. "Get inside Faye." She just stared at me as she held the rock in her hand. I held the door wider. "Now," I said sternly.

"No."

"I'm not going to tell you again."

"And who are you?"

"I'm your guardian."

"You're not my family." Her words stung me. The first real pain from her on her own free will. So I fired back.

"Well, I'm the only person willing to take you in and care for you so get in the damn house."

Her eyes narrowed at me as she clutched the rock in her hand tightly. She walked forward in the house as I made way for her then shut the door. As soon as I turned around, she threw the rock at a glass vase shattering it.

I knew she was mad but now she's gone too far. The pack warriors came out looking for any threats when they saw none they looked from me to Faye as our eyes locked with one another. "The meetings over, everybody out."

They all filed out and shut the door leaving me with the troublemaker. She turned away stomping to her room. "Hey! Don't walk away from me." I turned her around to face me. "I know you're mad at me but there's no reason to throw a tantrum like that."

She crossed her arms. "Tell me why you are acting out lately?" She became quiet. "Tell me."

"You're not my alpha so I don't have to tell you!"

I stood up to my full height pointing upstairs to her room. "Go upstairs and stay in your room until you have a better attitude and apologize to me and the pack for your behavior."

She already started walking upstairs.

"And no deserts for you tonight!" With that, she slammed the door. What the hell am I in for? I immediately regretted yelling at her. I went up the stairs and knocked on her door. "Faye? Look I'm sorry for yelling. I've just been frustrated lately."