10.) Alpha's Coronation

"Honor bespeaks worth. Confidence begets trust. Service brings satisfaction. Cooperation proves the quality of leadership."       -James Cash Penney

Erik POV

"Mr. and Mrs. Suárez, please do me the honor of coming over to our pack lands for my alpha coronation. It would mean the world to me if your family is there." They stood quietly for a moment making me become nervous. "Please, I don't know what I would do if Faye isn't present."

"Of course, Erik," Josefina announced with a big smile. I immediately wrapped my arms around her.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," I repeated swinging her around. I let her go with a big smile on my face that hurt my cheeks. I held out my hand to Grayson and shook hands with him firmly.

Later on that day I went back to my pack lands. Everybody was bustling around trying to get prepared for tonight's coronation.

I looked amongst the crowd, looking for only one person. Klay pouted in the back of my mind when we didn't sense her presence here. My shoulders went limp, did Faye's parents go back on their word about coming?

Uncle Jonah was mentioning something to the pack and our allies from other packs, but I couldn't comprehend the words he was saying.

My aunt Mary walked up to me, slicking my hair back while pinching my cheeks as if I were a little boy still. "Are you nervous?"

I held her hands before she could touch my hair again. "Guess I thought things would be a little different."

"You'll be fine. Just remember that alpha blood runs through our body meaning our family was always meant to lead."

My coronation started with me being the center of attention with nothing on but my shorts. Klay wasn't as excited like he used to be. Maybe it was the same reason for me too, about a particular someone.

I happened to look up at the trees and saw Phantom on a branch, almost as if he was watching. There was another raven with him, a white one. It just landed on another branch close to Phantom. I didn't even think white ravens were real, but there was one in front of my very eyes proving me wrong.

Then I sensed her. She was here somewhere among the crowd. My eyes scanned the crowd seeing a pair of hazel eyes staring back at me. She was holding both of her parents' hands trying to make their way to the front. I smiled at her as then waved a little.

"Erik, do you promise to lead the pack as an alpha should?"

"I promise."

"You may bow down to one knee and vow before your pack."

I did as I was told bending down to one knee. "I promise to protect this pack to the best of my ability. I will give my life to defend everyone that stands by my side." I made eye contact with Faye then turned my attention to the alphas from other packs that we had alliances with.

"I vow to help my fellow allies when I'm called to help them. Thank you for also taking the time to attend this ceremony."

I stood up looking up at Minerva who held a knife in her hand. "Sorry about this Erik." She whispered when she held my hand and slid it across.

I refrained from hissing, I had to make a good example in front of my pack. She moved my hand so it dripped into the bowl that my aunt was holding. Once there was enough blood in the bowl, I dipped my hand in it. My hand dripped in my own blood as I placed it over my chest where my heart would be.

I looked up at the full moon. "I stand here under the moon vowing to become not only the alpha of the Crescent Guardians pack but a warrior of the moon. Under her watchful eye, I hope she can bless this pack and see me worthy of this role."