C H A P T E R 53

Let Us Be Normal
•••

Rachel POV

I admit, I wasn't a person who is so up to date with cool apps. I mean, really not up to date.

I finally downloaded Spotify, and all because Derek's Spotify has been a topic this week. Even Derek was surprise why did I not have this app on my phone.

The best part? I've bought a new home theater set. I figure out, it's time to splurge, I have money, I am rich. Need I say more?

I've done some new furniture shopping as well. The sofa, kitchen cabinet has been refresh with a new set. Honestly, I have never intended to have my home refurnished, I was hopelessly bored of routine and wasting my life waiting for Derek that I decide to invest in something that will
keep my boredom away.

Since the trip to Da Nang, its been three weeks since I saw Derek. I hate counting days, but, things like this will always show up in my mind.

I played Derek's song list to my home theatre. 29 Palms, was the name of the song. I haven't heard it before but it kind of reminds me that Derek is really way older than me, because when this song is out, I was only 3. When I was singing Twinkle Little Stars, he was already a graduate student.

'Bang and Olufsen huh?' Sarah gawked at the speaker, a sleek black, cool rectangular sound system hanged neatly on the wall.

'That's right.' I watched the gem along with her, 'this is worth every penny.' I smiled triumphantly at myself.

Corbin and Dolores invited themselves to my house after I told them I was doing some renovations. Honestly, I have no intention of having an open house party at all. But, Corbin insist we should celebrate. And so, I invited Tony Linton and Sarah to my house.

'Glad I brought Champagne here.' Tony stood next to us, gawking at the speaker too, as if it was some piece of fine art displaying at the Gallery.

Crossing my hand, rubbing my chin, I kind of like how my new house looks now.

'And thank you for The kimchi, please tell you mom that I really appreciate it.' I turn to Tony, who was having the flute of champagne on his hand, and the other one inside his pocket.

'No worries, she enjoys cooking and sharing.' He nodded, glance at me for awhile.

At times, I felt weird about Tony and I. I was guiltily enjoy the attention he gave to me. He wasn't showing any intention of getting anywhere as well, he just show up whenever he is invited. Put guilt aside, he might be my first choice if Derek never came up in the picture.

'Rachel, you really gotta update your song list, what happened to Despacito? Don't you have those in your Spotify?' Corbin is seriously freaked out with 29 Palms.

'Of course.' I shrugged, like it was no big deal, Derek's playlist has that song.

I browse his playlist, using my thumb to scroll down.

'Derek Hoffer's playlist?' Tony glare at my screen.

'Privacy, Captain, privacy.' I hide my phone away from his view. I felt my cheek flushed, panic that he would be suspicious.

'Well, I was right beside you, Rachel, can't really help when I saw our big bosses' name on your screen.' He laugh lightly and walk away.

I avoid my glance at anyone, focusing only on my screen. But I don't think the teasing is ending anytime soon.