C H A P T E R 13

Dirty Little Mistress •••

•••

Rachel's POV

Why can't she withstand me, Rachel? You have to be specific.

Derek replied me after several hours. This man obviously wants me to feed his narcissistic ego by saying he is too hot to handle.

Which I won't. I did not reply him anyway, because, he might be busy, which means I'm going to have to wait hours again before he replied. Which also means it's going to be torturing, therefore, if I'm not expecting a reply, I won't be expecting much.

I spent half of the day cleaning my house, changing my bedsheets and doing the laundry. I guess that's what people who grows older does?

I miss him, of course. Every single second, which is why the television have been on since I reached home, hoping Derek will pop up on the show, whichever it may be.

I check my emails at the same time, while grabbing a sandwich with me on the counter table. Browsing through the important ones such as my work schedule, I download the PDF file of the document.

My heart is bursting with anticipation, wondering if Derek will be flying again this month. I type my name for a quick search.

I have a schedule to fly in four days. It's not Air Force One though, rather, it is a business jet that I have been assigned to. Usually it's a short trip.

I was right, my destination is New York City. I scroll down further to study the information for my flight.

Fuck.

Fuck my life.

Speaking of the devil, I'm going to be in a flight with Grace Hoffer, the First Lady, the wife of the man I'm having affair with.

I shut my laptop promptly, as if this is all an illusion. My head is running wild. No, I don't want to be in the same flight as her!

Call Dolores! The thoughts suddenly occurs. Yes, I should call her and I should think of any excuses I can buy my way into.

But then, Dolores isn't stupid, she can see through almost anything and she hates when she have to rearrange the schedule again once it has been set.

Brandon? How about telling her that my foster dad is here. Right! Surely she can understand that reuniting with my long lost family is more important than the flight! I unlock my phone, eagerly search for her number. Wait, no. No, no, no. Knowing that I was almost a homeless status girl, she would be too happy for me that she would request for a photo of Brandon and me.

Surely I can't tell her that the passenger I am hosting is my boyfriend's wife? That will only be exposed if either I am demented or I am fucking high.