C H A P T E R 36

You are the north star, because the light around you guided me here
•••

Derek POV

I held her hand immediately when she came inside my car. Her smile glows like the fireworks in the New Years Eve when She discovered I was fetching her. Her face and her voice are the things that I have been longing  for weeks.

'Is this a little surprise? I didn't know you will be fetching me personally.' Her face is blushing, the faint light from the street lamp reflects her emotion.

'I told you I miss you, and I mean it, girlfriend. So, how is your friend?' I pulled her close to me chest. Letting her lean on me while I stroke her hair, inhaling her breathless charm. This few weeks of post-Rachel has been heavy.

'I guess she practically passed out when she hits the bed after shower, poor girl, I can't imagine what she has gone through for the past few months.' She shrugged. 'By the way, I have something for you.' Her eyes glittered when she rummage her bag, like a Santa who can't wait to store the present at the socks. 'I bought you this because, obviously, you are my superman.' She handed me a paper bag.

I slide my hand inside and pull out something soft. A socks. I can't deny my enthusiasm in receiving present from Rachel, I love that she has a part in my socks collection. 'Thank you, girlfriend.' I gave her a kiss on her lips.

'You're welcome, I really love to buy you stuff, boyfriend, you are so lucky that you got me.' She giggles.

'I think my pension fund just got bigger than I expected.' I flashes a gloating smile.

'God! When you mentioned pension, you sound like an old man. I'm not ready for you to be old, Derek Hoffer.' She gave me a warning, but in the most attractive way Rachel Woods always did. She is beautiful, her big brown eyes never fails to capture my attention, even when she is resting on my chest, her long lashes flips about every time she blinks.

I wanted to ask Rachel what is her plan for us, if I were to lose the re-election, I will be starting my own foundation, a new set of career for me, I'll no longer run around the politic vine, instead I'll be focusing on the green project. I will be fifty soon, she still have a long way ahead of her.

'You always smell so good, what perfume did you use?' She breathe in while her nose is paste on my suit.

'I don't use perfume, girlfriend, maybe it's the laundry stuff, you gotta ask the White House Staff.'

'Thomas Gavinski? I can't believe he gets to choose your laundry scent as well, I'm so jealous!' Rachel rolled her eyes and chuckles.

'But I left you with the most important task, girlfriend.'

'What? Your dick?' Her lip stretched to a wide grin.

'You got a very dirty mind for your beautiful face, what happened to you when you left home?'

'Dirty mind? Isn't that what boys like? So tell me, boyfriend, what important task was given to me?'

I took her hand and place it on the part of the body where my heart is located. 'This.'

She took a glimpse at me, I can sensed that many things are running around her mind right now. Maybe she is feeling overwhelmed, but I have a foreboding that there is a lot of thing Rachel is keeping from me.