Operation Monitoring Program

THE fresh morning breeze howled fiercely around the surrounding area of the limestone  cavity inside the Mulu Cave and hail rattled the windows of the Simulation Room at Vampirism Research Center. The limestone cavity inside Mulu Cave is so large that it can fit three-storey of The Vampirism Research Center's building.

"Before you leave, here your communication tools that you need to use when working on-site." Tony give one device, pen alike device.

"What is this?"

"We call it Smart-Pen, a smart wearable device that directly connected with satellite. You just need to press this button below and the hologram screen will appear. To turn off the hologram screen, push again about 5 seconds this button. I've saved all the contact number including my name and Professor Christopher Lee's number." Tony trying to make a demonstration of how-to-use the Smart-Pen to Agent Stephen Harris.

"Wahh....Interesting!" Agent Stephen Harris replied surprisingly.

"As a matter of fact, that this kind of devices only available for special person like you, Agent Stephen Harris. Don't broke it or lose it. It's very dangerous." Tony started to smile and Agent Stephen Harris smiled right back at him.

"I understand, Officer Tony."

"Now you can go to Sibu Town. Do your best, Agent Stephen Harris. This is not only your mission, but also our mission also. Just remember, your safety is under government responsibility." Tony replied, sitting behind his desk.

"Aye aye captain!"

***

Agent Stephen Harris took in the highly polished special agent's boot, the hand-crafted brownish leather coat, the white collar and last of all, Ookley spec. A driver to send Agent Stephen Harris to Sibu Town has prepared all the luggage inside the car.

"Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor." Professor Christopher Lee wishes good luck to Agent Stephen Harris before he leave The Vampirism Research Center towards Sibu Town for his very first important operation task, Mission One.

***

The journey from Mulu National Park to Sibu Town could have taken not more than a comfortable 6 hours in a white government limousine. When arrived, the drive dropped Agent Stephen Harris off a limousine at a Sibu Town Bus Station on the East of the Pan Borneo Highway that linked the town with the J1 code highway.

Fifteen minutes later, he boarded the first bus to come along and left it about half kilometers from the Sibu town, going the rest of the way on foot. But, that would have been too conspicuous and high risk to entrance into the city under the army circumstances.

There were car burning on the side of the road, while the scene of a bus and a treler collided each other at other side of the road. The people, he can see doing their daily basis activities, clean-up their houses from blood clots all over the wall, the public transportation still working as normal although there are blood staining all over the place.

Agent Stephen Harris finally found what he was looking for without too much trouble, a third-rate hotel in a back street near the center of the town. The street, like after-the-war scene street, he can see some amount of car and motorcycle broken down, with blood clots everywhere at the street pavement. But, surprisingly, he still can't find any human body, or dead body or children dead body there. So mystery yet so curious.

When he went inside the Chinese hotel, a Chinese girl in a purple nylon cheongsam was sitting behind the reception desk, reading the today's newspaper. She could have been anywhere between twenty-two and twenty-five with dark straight hair and bold brown asian eyes.

Agent Stephen Harris rested his hand on the desk. She closed the newspaper, a spark of interest in her eyes and responded to his mood.

"Is there room available here?" Agent Stephen Harris asking for available room to rent.

"Yes, sir. Available for rental." She said calmly.

"Can you give me a room with a personal bathroom?." Agent Stephen Harris said.

"All our rooms have a personal bathroom with shower and tub, sir."

"Take one room at the most private location." He requested.

"There's one at the end of the corridor after the stairs , The most private location here." She smiled while replying.

She took a room key down from the board, lifted the barrier of the reception desk and led the way up the stairs.

***

(735 Words)

🙋🏻‍♂️ Hello there my precious Wattpaders! 👋🏻

Here some trivia questions for you to answer it

🔘 What is the high tech of hologram inside the Smart-Pen is used for? 🤔

🔘 Can you predict what will happen to Agent Stephen Harris after staying at that hotel where he knows not in safe condition when night coming? 🤔

🤯 I've just crossed my 8K words for Open Novella Contest's entry😍

🤩 Thank you so much for your support by clicking star button 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 at below ⬇️

😉 Also thank you for your time to read, reviews, comments and correction on typo and grammatical errors, i really appreciate it ☺️

🧐 For other participants in the Round 1 for the Open Novella Contest, good luck for the next round and happy writing, guys 📝 💜

💙❤️ Thank you so much 💚💛