Two Research Failure

ROUND and round about the time when Agent 0069 Stephen Harris was picked up by Tony at Kuching International Airport via expensive government limousine to Mulu National Park. The journey from Kuching to Mulu could have taken not more than comfortable eleven hours en-route via new Pan Borneo Highway.

***

It was a little after ten in the morning and the advanced lab seemed strangely scared, shadows crowding in from the west and the southern part of the cave, falling across the long, narrow automatic door, filling someone's shadow with a white cheap laboratory coat, irrational unease.

"Introducing, Professor Christopher Lee, a researcher here at Vampirism Research Center."
Tony introduced Prof. Christopher Lee that appears from scary shadows inside the lab to Agent 0069 Stephen Harris.

"Nice to meet you, Prof." Agent 0069 Stephen Harris shaking hand with Prof. Christopher Lee.

"Nice to meet you too, Agent. Welcome to another world of Mulu National Park."
Prof. Christopher Lee greet back to Agent Stephen Harris with chinese accent.

His face with bright pale, were just like typical middle-aged chinese man with massive shoulders swelling under the cheap laboratory coat. His eyes, just like Tony! As grey as a fresh sandalwood in the middle of the tropical Borneo jungle, there was strength there, a restless, animal force that was almost physically active.

"Agent Stephen Harris. Here, i want to show you something."
"Something interesting."
Professor Christopher Lee whispered slowly.

They walking until arrived at two separate  room with frosted glass door. Agent Stephen Harris was aware of movement from that room and the low murmur voices. The frosted glass is built with high technology materials, with high quality finishing.

"What is this?"
Agent Stephen Harris curious. He start to question about the mysterious room.

"Two failure research." Professor Christopher Lee start to mumbling.

"Introducing, Agent Rebecca Kyra at Hibernate Pod Room 1 and Agent Umayr Miller at the Hibernate Pod Room 2."

Both room contains a hibernation pod, a high-technology grey colour pod which allow human to hibernate, rest and sleep under some mixture of chemical substance

Both room contains a hibernation pod, a high-technology grey colour pod which allow human to hibernate, rest and sleep under some mixture of chemical substance. This pod, built-up with high technology flexible display that shows the status of person who stayed inside the pod. The heart rate, glucose levels inside blood and other information will keep updating from this display. Scientists also call this high technology pod as 'Eternal Pod', which allows the person who stayed inside the pod to keep young and active.

"What? Failure research? Wait, you do some research here? To a human body?"
"Well, practically correct. But, don't jump into conclusion, Agent Stephen Harris. You know nothing."

"For your information, our secret advanced laboratory has been built since 1970. Since more than 40 years ago, we've made many research about vampire, vampirism viruses and also the cure. We've tested not only human body, but also about to the mice, cat...even the dog. "
"Do you know why this laboratory is set up here and not somewhere in Peninsula?"
Agent Stephen Harris just give sign 'don't know.'
"Because here, in Mulu Sarawak is not too far from the center of vampirism center in Pontianak, Indonesia."

Prof.Christopher Lee give some details about two mysterious room with pod to Agent Stephen Harris.

"So, i need to stay that pod or what?" Agent Stephen Harris asking. He still curious about that pod. Too much information in one day.

"Oh. You no need to stay at this weird pod, Agent Stephen Harris. But, we need to make full medical check-up to your body, before we give you the next task. "
Professor Christopher Lee request for full medical check-up to Agent 0069 Stephen Harris.

A slight, acid smile burned the edges of Tony's lips and he turned away with his small triumph.

"Is that compulsory, Prof?"
"Yeah. We just followed the Standards Operating Procedure (SOP) intially set by government agency."

"And for our records also. Don't worry, Agent Stephen Harris."
Professor Christopher Lee added. He brings Agent Stephen Harris to the medical laboratory section to take blood samples.

***

(658 words)

🙋🏻‍♂️Hello readers!

🙏🏻 Nice to meet you again. Here some questions . 👍🏻

🔘 Did Agent Stephen Harris know that he is also one of the research result set by this laboratory? 🤔

🔘 Why both Agent Rebecca Kyra and Agent Umayr Miller under 'failure research result' status? Did you have any logic explanation? 🤔

☝🏼️Don't shy. Just give your opinion here ☝🏼️

🤩 If you love to read this story, feel free to press the star button 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 or comments below ⬇️

🤓Don't forget to add this book into Library Reading List to get instant notification 🎈

👨🏻‍💻Thank you so much for your time to read this story 🙏🏻

👋🏻I'm really appreciate. 👌🏽

 👌🏽