Epilogue

Hard to believe that this book is finally over. :) This has been a total, genuine blast to write, and I have enjoyed it so much. Who'd have ver thought the SuperArrow fandom would get to where it is now? Kind-of canon, if we're counting Earth-X. XD

With that being said . . . thank you especially to Tje1415 and AllyArrow13 for your continued support and suggestions for helping me get through this book, and to Super_Arrow for sharing my love of this pairing through your story. Shameless shoutout to her for her works, and especially to AllyBPBR, who was the one who got me hooked on this pairing to start writing them in the first place. Thank you to all four of you - keep being amazing. <3

And here we are at last . . . the epilogue of "Won't Let You Down." Enjoy, guys. :)

***

"The last time I said goodbye to a boyfriend, I was saying goodbye for good," Kara mused as she and Oliver walked through a grassy field not far outside of National City.

"You're not going to lose me," Oliver promised, squeezing her hand.

"I know," Kara smiled, reaching up to kiss him.

Oliver kissed her back, smiling and resting his forehead against hers. The rest of the Earth-1 visitors had returned to their universe the previous day, allowing Oliver and Kara to have a day to themselves. All of them had agreed the couple deserved that before Oliver had to return to his universe and get back to his duties as mayor in Star City.

That didn't mean the two had to like it. On the contrary – they absolutely hated the idea of having to be three dozen Earths apart. But they both had extrapolators now, fine tuned to each other's as well so they could hop right to where the other extrapolator was if need be. Cisco really was a genius.

"I don't want you to go," Kara admitted quietly.

"I don't want to, either," Oliver smiled sadly, brushing her hair away from her face. "But I promise, as soon as I get the time, I'm coming back."

"Not if I come to you first," Kara couldn't help but smile.

"You're on, angel," Oliver chuckled, kissing her forehead.

Kara closed her eyes, enjoying just being there alone with Oliver, the grass rustling around them, and she made the choice she had been debating since they had arrived. She reached to her neck and removed the chain she wore. "Take this," she whispered, pressing it into his hand.

Oliver's eyes widened, looking down at the ring she had given him. "Kara," he began.

"No," Kara shook her head. "You helped save me from every bad thing that could have happened. My life, my identity as Supergirl, my life at CatCo, my family . . . all of it could have been destroyed. Please, Oliver . . . if anyone deserves this, it's you." Oliver swallowed, then nodded, placing the chain and ring around his own neck, Kara smiling softly as he put it on. "We'll come back to each other. We always will."

Oliver could only nod in silent agreement, then reached into his jacket. "Now I'm glad I decided to make this."

Kara blinked as he took a black leather cord from his pocket, and she gasped when she saw it was one of his green arrowheads converted into a pendant. "Oliver!"

"Slade and Malcolm might have helped," he told her as she picked it up, eyes wide. "We're not leaving each other completely."

Kara smiled brightly, placing the cord around her neck, happy to have a weight of some kind where her father's ring used to be. "Never," she agreed.

Oliver smiled at her, then took a deep breath and pulled out the extrapolator Cisco had given him. He pressed the center button, watching as a breach sprang to life in front of him. He turned back to Kara, seeing tears already starting to gather in her eyes. "I'll see you again," he promised.

"You better," she managed to smile.

"I will," he promised, kissing her deeply. "I love you," he whispered.

"I love you, too," Kara responded quietly.

He kissed her forehead again before reluctantly stepping away. Kara released his hand, taking a deep breath as he walked to the breach. She gave him a wave, which he returned before walking through. The breach snapped shut behind him, and it was just Kara alone in the field.

She closed her eyes and tilted her head towards the sun, basking in its rays. She was alone now, that she acknowledged, reaching up to touch the pendant Oliver had given her. She examined it again, noting how the green arrowhead was polished until it shone like an emerald. To some people, it might have seemed like a cheap thing to give. But Oliver had made it for her, with the help of two men who could be her surrogate older brothers.

She wasn't entirely alone any longer.

The wail of sirens carried to her ears, and Kara turned, smiling as she looked at her city glittering. The sooner she continued on with her life, the sooner that meant she could see Oliver again, she decided, and with a grin, she took off running, unbuttoning her shirt as she went. She leapt into the sky, the wind blowing her hair behind her, and she laughed in pure glee, flying to save the day, one thought on her mind.

Here's to life being full.

***

To be continued in "To Life Being Full," which will cover the adventures of Kariver through Supergirl Season 3 and Arrow Season 6. :)

That book should be up in the morning, so check on my profile by the end of the day - it should be there. Once again, thank you to everyone who has stuck with me through another book, which took a hell of a lot longer than the other one did. You guys are troopers. Let's keep this pairing going! I hope to see everyone in the next book!

Long live the OTPs!

 ~ Miss Moffat