Will Zen betray Truth, like what the gang did to Eve?

Zen had always excelled in reading between the lines, and as such he had come to believe his instincts. Truth's gaze--  what those eyes meant.

Do you desire a chance to break down, to release all that blood lust of yours for something?

Turning back towards the crowd, Zen's eyes sharpened. He knew exactly what Truth was implying, and he didn't know if he was liking or hating it.

Truth was truly a fearful man. 

Truth was the Boss-- and truth knew that, as the Boss, he himself could not act on emotions. He could not personally take hold and take matters into his hands. Truth could not hunt down his own gang for the sake of something as petty as revenge-- revenge for the man that was his best friend.

And thus, using Zen's emotions for himself-- he initiated this.

"I'll take everyone on," Zen declared, his voice louder and stronger than he'd ever raised, "Everyone in this hall, aside from Truth, and I will win."   

Was Zen's decision a blessing, that now he would have a chance for revenge?

Or was it a curse, that now he had to bear this war alone, like Eve?

-

Crunching one man's neck, and twisting another man's foot--

Zen never liked to fight.

Blood pooled his hands. Bright, bright red that did not suit Zen at all was soaking the sweater that Eve washed; thoroughly staining those warm, warm hands Drew loved so much-- 

But what was the point anymore? Neither of them were here ever longer.

Zen found himself unable to cry. Unable to shed the tears that did not exist in his system.

Zen lost himself in destroying bone after bone, pulling apart skin from skin, bathing in the warm liquid he despised oh-so much.

Biru.

Blue, because that's was everyone was before him.

"Now that I think about it..." he mumbled to one man, one arm broken and blood at the corner of his lip-- "...Giving information to another gang... that's a reach of our rules, isn't that?"

The man was unable to speak-- but Zen didn't really mind.

"Which means whoever that was, I can kill him, right?" Zen asked.

His voice was surprisingly cold-- his tone had always been stoic and empty-- but now it just feel like ice. What little emotion that was 'nothing' instantly became 'bloodlust'-- With the next instant, one loud crack to the neck meant the man wasn't lifting that head anytime soon. 

"Since we don't know who it was," Zen decided, standing back up and facing the rest of the people he hadn't defeated-- fifty? A hundred? 

"Well, I just have to kill everyone of you, I guess."

Huh? When did my motive change so drastically? What was I doing before this?

....Well, does it matter?

-

It came suddenly. 

One hard strike that sent his world into colours that didn't exist-- he staggered, caught himself-- and straightened up. Spinning was his vision, and an irritable, piercing throe rang in his head.