New Mutation

Its been a month since Erik left It was only Hank, Alex, Sean, and Charles. Hank told Charles he had to be in the wheelchair for another month. The bullet was two inches from hitting his spine.

     After a long day of training, everyone went off to bed. Charles was just laying in the bed thinking about everything.

'Go to sleep Hank' Charles told him telepathy. Hank was still in the lab working on experiments. Hank listen to the professor and went to bed.

   Once Charles known all the boys were asleep he closed his eyes. He was slowly drifting off to sleep till he heard footsteps in the hallway. He quickly sat up and pressed his two fingers to his temple ready to attack. The door swung open to see Erik. He was wearing his usual clothes but wore Shaw's helmet.

   Erik walked in and sat at the edge of Charles bed. They just stared at each other not saying nothing.

   "What are you doing here Erik?" Charles asked breaking the silence.

   "Just want to see you" Erik said truthfully.

   "Why? You're the one that left"

   "I know I am, but I wanted to see if you were OK after what Moira did to you" Erik said. Charles couldn't believe he kept blaming Moira when he did it.

   "Oh Erik" Charles said shaking his head. "We both know she wasn't the one who got me in this situation" Charles wasn't just talking about the bullet that got him. When Hank was examining him, they came to find Charles has another mutation.

   "I know. Everyday it kills me inside to know I did that to you. I love you that's why I want you by my side. I want you to help me take over the humans Charles"

   "I can't do that Erik. You know we both want different things. You want to kill all humans. I just want both humans and mutants to live in peace."

   "I understand. I better go" Erik said standing up and walking to the door.

   "Wait, Erik. I-" Charles said making the metal manipulator to turn around. It looked as if he had hope in his eyes. Hope that Charles would go with him. If Charles would told him that he was able to have kids and he was pregnant at that moment, what would he do? What if the child came on as a human? Would Erik hate it like the rest of the humans?

   "You what Charles?" Erik said with hope and nervousness in his voice.

   "I wish you the best" Erik smiled at the man he loves words. He turned around and left.

   Later that night when Erik was trying to sleep, he was trying to figure out what Charles really wanted to tell him. He had the look in his eyes like when he left him on the beach. It looked like sadness. Erik shrugged it off and went of to sleep.