Chapter 3

When I come back around for the second time in one day I realise that I am in the same room as I was before again. The beeping is still there but the smell is different. This time the smell is completely different.

Looking over to the male was in before I notice the female I had seen earlier was sat there instead. She appeared to be studying me as I laid in the bed but at the end of the day I can't criticise her as that is what I am doing to her.

She has auburn hair, with freckles dotted across her face and really pretty green eyes. Although she was fairly small I can tell that she is a fierce woman. The biggest thing that sticks out to me though is the fact that she appears to be quite heavily pregnant.

"Would you like some water?" She smiles at me.

I nod by head in response as she hands me a half filled glass. My hands are shaking as I bring the glass to my lips. The water spolshing around in the cup threatening to spill. Before it does spill though her hand has taken hold of the cup and is guiding it towards my lips. I drink the water greedily allowing the cool liquid to soothe my throat.

"Do you have a name?" She asks me.

"Emma" I say shyly.

"Hello Emma, my name is Astra but you can call me Ash. I'm the beta here and we are going to help you. Can you be calm while a doctor comes in to take a look at you. You had lots of injuries so we need to make sure they are getting better, ok?"

"Can you stay here with me?" I ask her hesitantly hoping that she will say yes. I know I have only just met her but I'm sure she is a loyal caring person. Also the males must have done horrible things to her, she is pregnant after all.

"Of course I will stay with you" she smiles at me.

Just then one of the men from earlier enter the room. I can't help my reaction as I edge back on the hospital bed and look at Astra with a worried face. She reaches forward and grabs my hand in hers while she smiles at me. I squeeze her hand tightly as I try and calm myself down.

"Wait, Doctor Jenson, is Doctor Monroe working today?"

"Yes she is Beta"

"Can you swap with her please, I think our patient here would prefer a female doctor"

"Of course Beta"

The man bows his head slightly at the woman, Astra, before exiting the room. I relax slightly when the man has left the room and smile back at Astra. As I'm looking at her I notice as her eyes glaze over and her face goes blank.

"Emma, after you have seen the doctor the man you saw earlier is going to come into the room, he just wants to talk to you but I will stay here the whole time"

My mouth goes dry once again at the though of him coming into the room. He's going to hurt me. I know he is. He said that word.

"Sweetheart he won't hurt you I promise" ash smiles at me.

Before I can respond to her an older female doctor walks into the room with a big smile on her face. I like her. She seems better.

"Hello there, my name is Doctor Monroe, I'm just going to take a quick look at you" she smiles at me before looking over at Astra. "Hello Beta, funny being in this situation again"

Astra growls menacingly at the woman causing her to bear her neck to the woman sat beside me. I knew she had a scary side.

The woman doesn't say another word to me as she goes about checking on my injuries. I feel ashamed that Astra has seen all my bruises but her face doesn't seem to look disgusted. Instead she is showing some sort of understanding?

By the time the doctor is down I am still uncomfortable but she seems to feel that I am healing well but my injuries are going to take a while to heal even with the advanced healing that I like all werewolves posses.

The second the woman has walked out of the door, the man from earlier has walked into the room. His intoxicating smell hits me instantly but that doesn't stop the fear now coursing through my body. I shuffle my body all the way to the back of the bed hugging my legs to by body and clinging to Astras hand as if my life depends on it.

"Calm down Emma, he's not going to hurt you. I promise you that"

"Of course I'm not going to hurt her she is my Mate!" The man growls.

I can't help the whimper that escapes my lips. I tried to hold it back along with my tears but it looks like I'm failing on both accords. I've been paying so much attention on not crying I hadn't realised the man had crossed the room until I felt the tingles at his hand wiping the tears from my face.

I yelp in surprise at the contact. Shifting until I'm practically falling out of the bed into Astras lap.

"Easy Lucian, I know she's your mate but something's happened"

"Please don't let him be my mate" I plead with Astra.

"No you have to be my mate! I've been waiting for you!" The man, Lucian I think she said his name was growls at me.

I jump at the sudden noise landing in Astra and causing her to wince. I must have hurt her. No sooner has Astra winced than the big scary guy from earlier has burst into the room. His eyes completely pitch black. My body begins to shake as he approaches both Astra and myself. She doesn't seem to be worried though as he approaches us. Instead she stands up and places be behind her before walking over to the male. He embraces her, inhaling her scent deeply as she whispers things into his ear that I cannot hear.

He calms down instantly as she pulls away from him and walks back towards me. The scary male goes to the other side of the room with the other male whilst Astra walks over to me smiling.

"Right everyone let's sort this shit out then, then I would like some pickles and honey"