Not Alone - Chapter Seven

Lily's POV

Xavier sat there staring at me. Daddy is still gone, and I am sitting on the bed looking down. I probably shouldn't have told them. Daddy probably doesn't like me anymore. I start crying, accidentally shift into my wolf, and run out the door.

I go into the woods, scraping my legs on the rocks and twigs, my vision clouding from the sadness I feel. I hear someone chasing me, I turn my head a little and see it's Xavier. "Lily, Lily come back!!" He probably hates me too. It would be better if I were gone, then I wouldn't have to worry about bothering anyone. I run faster, tears clouding my vision.

I can't see anything through the tears, and I trip on a log. When I get up, I see a wolf in front of me. He's huge! I can't believe his size. I stand there looking into his eyes, they seem familiar. Like I've seen them before.

I realize that that is Daddy!! He smells of an Alpha. He definitely looks like one. He looks surprised. Like he was expecting something or wasn't expecting me to be out there. Maybe he expects me to back away, but he is the same size my real daddy was, so I am used to being around big wolves. He starts walking towards me, holding my gaze. Although my wolf is small, we both know what runs through our veins. We won't cower and back down.

My real dad taught me not to. He said to always be strong, no matter what. Now Daddy is right in front of me. Staring at me right in the eyes, I stared right back. He growled a little, his wolf wanting respect from the little she-wolf in front of him. Everyone knows never to look an Alpha in the eyes, but Daddy doesn't know I'm also an Alpha.

I growled back a bit. Letting my wolf come forward, my eyes darkening as she comes out. Just enough to show we wouldn't back down. To say Daddy looked shocked was an understatement. He looked at me with shock and pride. He lowered his head and nuzzled his cheek with mine. I yipped at him, wagging my tail and he lets out a wolfy chuckle.

I heard a twig snap and turned my head toward it and saw Xavier. He rushes over. "Oh, thank the goddess you're okay." He says and wraps his arms around me and sets me in his lap, after I shift. "Why did you run, Lily?" Xavier says putting a shirt on me. "I thought you didn't want me anymore." I whisper. Daddy gets up and trots over to a tree. He walks back from behind the tree and has shorts on.

"Why would you think that, Lily?" Daddy asks. "Because I thought you would look at me like I was worthless because I killed my own father." I said looking down. Daddy puts his hand under my chin and lifts up my head. "You didn't kill your father, that was an accident." Daddy says. "If it was an accident then why did my pack hate me and ignore me, so that I was all alone?" I told him.

Xavier tightened his arms on me, and Daddy stared at me. "You will never be alone as long as you are with us. Your are part of our family now. Mark my words, you will never ever be alone." Daddy says. And I really believe him.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone, I would like to thank the people who are reading this story. I know not a lot are, but I'm just glad that some people are.-XOXO Morgan.