Questions - Chapter Three

Lily's POV

I started freaking out, and so did my wolf and somehow, I shifted back, the man in front of the house is staring at me, just like Alpha Blake did. The man carrying me tightens his arms around me. "Shh, little one. You're okay."

I almost instantly calmed down because he called me the same name my father did. I look at his eyes and see they are fogged over; they must be mind-linking. A few seconds later I caught two men running into the woods. I assume to help the others with the rouges.

We got close to the man, and he looked down at me. "Who are you?" The man asks, using a soft voice. I would answer but I don't feel comfortable enough to talk around this man right now. The man carrying must know I'm not going to answer because he starts walking into the house.

He carries me into the foyer of the giant home. In front of us are the stairs and there is a way to our right and to our left. I think I saw the kitchen through the path to the right. I wonder if I'll be able to use it. The thoughts run throw my mind in a whirlwind. How will they treat me? Are they like my old pack?  Are they going to give me back to Blake?

He brings me to what looks like the living room and puts me on the couch. The guy from before came in along with another man who was carrying a shirt. The man that carried me starts walking towards them, but I reach out and grab his arm.

He looks down at me I'm surprise but stays anyway. He sits down next to me and the other two sit across from me. The man next to me starts talking "Ok, before we ask anything, you need to know our names. The man outside the house you saw is my Beta Dylan, the one next to him is Pack Warrior Parker and I am Alpha Jason." He speaks.

I don't say anything back, just let out a slight nod, taking in the information. "What's your name?" Alpha Jason asks gently, again I don't reply. Alpha Jason must have linked them to leave because they got up and left but before they did, Parker handed Alpha Jason the shirt.

"Ok, let's play a game called 20 questions, do you know that game?" He asks after slipping the shirt on me. I did know that game me and my old friend used to play it together. I nodded to him. "Ok, let's start with an easy one. How old are you?" He asks, smiling sweetly at me. I don't think there is any harm in answering and I feel safe around him. I held up the number seven and he smiled at me. "Thank you for answering. Do you want to ask me a question now?" He asks but I simply shake my head no.

I didn't feel like talking too much, I didn't want him to realize how much I liked talking, how much I missed it and for him to send me back or get rid of me. It was odd, I felt safe around him and yet I also didn't. Perhaps it is a response that Blake gave to me. The feeling of living in constant fear, that you could instantly be killed where you stood but with Blake, I think that was always an option in the back of his mind. "Okay, that's okay. I can ask you another one then. Is that okay?" Jason asks, to which I nod my head, although I already had a feeling as to what he would ask me.

"What's your name, little one?" There was that nickname again. It was almost like a sign from my dad, almost as though he was willing me to trust Jason. I didn't want to let my dad down again, so I mutter the first word I've said in two years. "L-Lily."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello again everyone and thanks for sticking with my story this far. I know it's not perfect but working on it so thanks. -XOXO Morgan.