Making a Friend - Chapter Four

Lily's POV

After I said that Alpha Jason asked me more questions none of which I answered, he gave up after a while and left. I wish I knew where he went, I feel safe with him. In a way, he is like my father and that makes me feel so safe, he has the same kind of aura about him but one that still demands respect.

I hear footsteps coming in the room and look down at my lap, someone sits in front of me, I look up and see it is Alpha Jason. I don't know what comes over me because I fling myself into his arms. I missed his warmth, even if he was gone for only a little while. He stills for a moment, shocked at what I did then raises his arms to cradle me. I hear someone behind me make an odd noise, an awe. I turn in his arms and see a woman watching me and the Alpha. She is standing in the doorway, her hands together held over her chest.

Alpha Jason starts speaking, "This is my friend Aria, Dylan's mate. She is going to give you a bath and some new clothes. Alright, little one?" I nod to him, and he stands with me in his arms, and hands me to Aria, kissing my hair but not before I hear him say "Take care of her."

We were walking for what feels like forever when we reach a room, there is a giant bed in the center of the room, a rug surrounding it. There is also a window on the wall opposite of the door, it is floor to ceiling and almost takes up the entire wall overlooking the forest, its so pretty. She sets me down on the bed and goes through a door in the room. She comes back with clothes, leading me to believe that, that door is the one to the closet. 

Aria picks me up again and carries me to the bathroom. It's a big bathroom, it has two sinks along the wall, a giant mirror hanging above them. She puts me on the counter and starts filling up the tub. I turn and look at my reflection, I have dirt caked up on my face, it is doing a good job in hiding the bruises under it. My hair is a tangled mess, it looks as though a bird used it as it's home and looks browner than my normal blond color.

After taking off the shirt I was in, she puts me in the tub that now has bubbles. I love bubbles!! She is washing my hair while I play with the bubbles and I accidentally splash her. She looks down at me and grins then splash's me back, we start laughing and splashing each other some more. After a while of playing, she goes back to washing my hair being careful not to get any soap in my eyes. She scrubs and scrubs me, until I feel cleaner than I ever have been. There was an awkward moment though, when she was washing my back, I felt her pause as she brushed my hair aside. She ran her fingers over the scars on my back that came from Blake. 

"Who did this to you, Lily?" She asks, I can hear her grinding her teeth in anger. "My A-Alpha." I tell her, cautious of her reaction to the information. It feels wrong to call him my alpha, my dad was the real alpha, and I am next in line, yet he is grasping to the title. She sucks in a breath, and I glance back at her. I see her eyes are fogged over and know she is linking Jason. "No one is going to ever hurt you again, Lily." She tells me, looking determined. I know she can't keep that promise though, someone, somewhere is going to hurt me again, you can't ensure that no one will. 

She drains the water that looks almost brown and lifts me out of the tub. I feel a rush of cool air, giving me goosebumps but it only lasts a few seconds before a towel is wrapped around me. Aria grabs a smaller towel and start drying my hair with it. I can't see anything because of the towel and start giggling at the feeling. Once she's happy with the dryness she has achieved, she puts the little towel down on the counter.

I feel like I am finally making friends here. "A-Are we gonna be f-friends?" I ask her, wanting her to say yes, hopefully finding a way to keep myself from filling with loneliness again. "I would love to be your friend." She says, her voice gentle and sweet. I am so happy! I can feel me wolf wagering her tail in the back of my mind, she's happy too. I made a friend. I wrap my arms around her and give her the biggest hug I can manage. I have a friend; my world got a little less lonely.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello, my lovelies. I am going to add some more people so if anyone has any favorite names let me know. As always, thank you for reading. -XOXO Morgan.