20. The love with a pinch of hate?

Comincia dall'inizio

"Listen man! Don't even think of helping her if you love your family. Now close all the gates of RM!"

The car stopped with a jerk bringing her back to present.

Wiping an stray tear she glanced as Shyam hurriedly called for a stretcher reaching outside the hospital before the attendants took Arnav back to his room to treat him.

"You surely want to come and stay here Khushi?"

She looked up at him looking lost.

Arnav's confession has opened old wounds and even though many years has passed she was feeling like it all happened just yesterday. Maybe she was stuck. Her life was stuck in those 6 months that even after 7 years the pain just won't go away. No matter how much she has tried to cope up and bring normalcy back in her life but no. It never came. She doubted it would come to her ever. Either.

"It doesn't change a thing Shyam. It doesn't." She shook her head controlling her tears.

"I know." Shyam murmured knowing that she was talking about Arnav's declaration of love.

"All this--" She gestured with her hands taking a deep breath blinking back the tears.

"All this is too much for me.In amidst all this I...am feeling lost. I don't know what to feel anymore" She cried out her lower lip shivered in effort to prevent herself from weeping out loud.

"Hey.." He side hugged her and she sobbed on his shoulder.

As she opened her eyes and pulled back she saw Anjali standing right behind them.

Khushi's eyes changed emotions within seconds.

"There it is your wife Shyam." She scoffed.

Shyam turned to see Anjali who was having tears in her eyes.

Another day like this swam before his eyes and he knew Khushi and Anjali were thinking the same right now.

"What are you thinking Mrs.Jha. Let me tell you--" Khushi spoke calmly wiping her face composing herself.

"Whatever you saw right now and whatever you are assuming in your mind is...true...so very true." She looked in her eyes before whispering as if in a secret.

"I am hitting on your husband. Better watch out and keep an eye on your man.And if you want go and cry all over your brother then lets see what will he have up his sleeves to destroy me."

"No. No Khushi ji. Not even for a moment I thought like that. I have learnt my lesson the hard way. I know he was just looking out for you. You're upset over Chote aren't you?"

"I don't care whatever happens to your Chote." Khushi exclaimed as if Anjali hit her wrong nerve.

"Then why did you marry him again?" Anjali asked pointing towards her parting and beaded chain indicating that they have been married again.

"Well all have been asking me the same question over and over again. You are lucky because you'll be the first one to get my clear cut true answer about that." She gave one look to Shyam who was keenly looking at her every expression before looking back at Anjali.

"I married him because I want to ruin him. Once I will be done I will be out of his life for good."

She then spoke looking at Shyam.

"Tell your Sale Sahab that he needs to get his shit back together before meeting me.We may have been married but I am not coming to live with him not until he gets out of his sullen state. I hate it when he begs and cries like a girl before me. If he is really a man then ask him to fight me.To  stop me to ruin his life.This is a win-win situation.Who knows I might change my mind!" She shrugged her shoulders before stopping an auto sat in it and left leaving Anjali and Shyam gaping in her wake.