eighty-six

december 2018
📍 los angeles, california
Kelsey and Shawn's text
messages
the same day
+

Babe:
You guys hungry?
8:31 p.m.

Kais💗:
no.
8:34 p.m

Babe:
Woah I wouldn't make decisions like this when you're mad
8:40 p.m.

Babe:
What's wrong?
8:42 p.m.

Kais💗:
nothing
8:45 p.m.

Babe:
Kelsey
8:45 p.m.

Kais💗:
shawn
8:47 p.m.

Babe:
Do you guys want pizza?
8:50 p.m.

Kais💗:
no we ate two hours ago
8:52 p.m.

Babe:
Damn sorry for offering to get you guys something to eat while you're up all night
8:55 p.m.

Babe:
What's the deal?
9:00 p.m.

Kais💗:
nothing
9:02 p.m.

Babe:
You've got some explaining to do when I get home
9:03 p.m.

Kais💗:
or u can stay at the studio late
9:04 p.m.

Babe:
Why?? What did I do?
9:05 p.m.

Kais💗:
you annoyed me
9:07 p.m.

Kais💗:
i'm annoyed and don't want to see u so go somewhere else
9:10 p.m.
seen

+++
thirty minutes later
+++

"Kelsey." There's a knock on Jess' open bedroom door. Is that Shawn's new thing?

I turn to him, a questionable look on my face. "What?" I ask.

"Come here please." He smiles at the girls while they alternate between looking at the two of us. Rolling my eyes, I leave my spot on her bed to follow him into the living room.

"Sit." He points to the couch while I fold my arms stubbornly. I was not going to take orders from him.

"Kelsey, please sit down and talk to me." He pleads.

I eventually comply, sitting next to him while leaning my head against my hand trying to look bored.

"Why are you so mad?"

"Because you couldn't even stay home one time! I'm sorry I wanted to see you and-"

He interrupts me and suddenly I'm more than double as angry as I was before.

"I was going to leave early so we could go on a date yesterday and it's not my fault you were busy!"

"Sorry if I'm not going to drop everything for something you had previously dropped for work!" I throw back.

Shawn sighs, looking at me sadly. "You know I have a demanding job that I can't just leave whenever I-"

"Obviously not! Not just once!" I get up, ready to go back into my room before he tries to stop me.

I shut the door, trying not to be as dramatic as to slam it. I failed, but he comes in right after me anyways.

"Why are you so mad? Kelsey you-"

I don't face him, I stay turned in the opposite direction. "Just forget about it."

"Kelsey. I just wanna know what's going on." Shawn pulls me with him as he sits on the bed, leaving me in his lap.

"It's nothing, can we just forget about it? Please?"

He hesitates, shifting his body before sighing and nodding his head. "Yeah, yeah I guess."

+++

A/N: ❤️

+++
A/N: McDonald's doesn't sell chicken tenders anymore and I want to cry