Doors

"Doors open, that's the way I describe the life, when one is brought onto this plant. When they close, I can assume you will figure out is when people leave us. Leave us like William did, he left us too soon.  I'm proud to have served with him.  I'm glad to have had the opportunity to have him cover my six, and finding myself covering his. Alyssa, your brother was an amazing person, and one hell of a cop. He made a difference" Harley Owens said a tear fell from her eye, as she made her way down from the podium and down the grass away from the service.

Harley sat on the grass under a tree near the parking lot. She unbuttons the top of her dress uniform as it is hot in Los Angeles, to reveal her neon red tank top. She lays on the grass looking up at the clouds, when a shadow comes over her.

"Harley Owens?" One of the men asks looking down at her. "I'm Daniel Harrelson, but you can call me Hondo, this is one of my team members, Jim Street, I'd like you to join my S.W.A.T. Team"

"I just lost my best friend, and partner, I need some time to think about it" Harley says getting up.

"Harley we want your help to bring down his killer." Hondo says.

"I thought we got his killer" Harley informs Hondo.

"We want your help with major cases, not just the one on your partners killer" Street says and that's when shots ring out in the park as they are walking knocking Harley onto her back as a bullet entered her chest.

"Harley stay with us" Street says gun in hand kneeling beside her.