41) ''Happy Birthday, Yuuri!''

A/N Final bit of fluff before the drama ensues! Hope you enjoy. Despite the fluff, there is still some plot points in her that weren't fully explained before so I added them in around all the cute gift-giving :)

Yuuri went into school on Wednesday with a nervous anticipation that was only possible of a person on their birthday. His thoughts scampered like children's feet as they sprinted between ideas and worries and hopes and fears. Would people even remember it was Yuuri's birthday? Of course they would. Yet, Yuuri found himself anticipating the worst.

All fears were quelled when he arrived, though, as a present landed in his hand before he even saw the hands of the giver. Yuri stood there, his hair having grown so long that he was beginning to pull it back into a ponytail, smiling gently, his hands pressed against the cardboard box he had handed over.

'It's not much,' Yuri apologised, shyer than he usually was, before continuing. 'But I thought you deserved something for your birthday.' Yuuri was shocked, to say the least. Yuri Plisetsky was in no way a sentimental person, rather a sentimentalist hidden behind layers of steel casing.

'Thank you.' Yuuri couldn't find any other words to say, choked by the idea alone of a friend giving him a present. He could not remember anyone but Phichit giving him a present, excluding his parents, in the last five years. Happiness was an understatement of his emotions.

'Open it then.' Yuri urged, trying to snarl but a small smile was twitching the corners of his lips up as he tried to hide it. Yuuri's fingers trembled as he peeled the cardboard away, not caring that there was no wrapping on it. They both understood that Yuri certainly didn't have money to spare for wrapping or the time to wrap a present at all.

Inside was something Yuuri would have never expected. Inside was a simple, yet beautiful, bracelet. A silver bangle of sorts. Dipping his hand in, Yuuri pulled it out with wide eyes, staring as it glistened in the light. 'How did you...' Yuuri was at a loss for words. He could see already, as well as feel, that the silver in his hand was real. The weight a symbol of its authenticity.

'It doesn't matter.' Yuri snapped, as if defensively but soon returned to his usual state, as if Yuuri's threat had become null. 'But, do you like it?' Even if Yuuri hadn't, he didn't think he could deny it if Yuri were to look at him like he was, his eyes as wide as saucers, the blue of his iris' imitating the shine of his bracelet.

Yuuri didn't feel a need to answer, clicking the silver into place, the lock system so simple that he only had to push and pull to free himself of the cuff. Yuri smiled as Yuuri tested it on his wrist, amazed by the beauty of it. It was as simple as could be yet Yuuri found that was what intrigued him so much.

'Thank you.' Yuuri repeated, trapping Yuri into a tight hug, not caring that he could feel the smaller boy stiffen in his arms. He deserved it. 'I won't take it off.' That was a promise that remained for far longer than Yuuri expected.

Lessons dragged on for longer than usual, Yuuri feeling the gaze of his friends as the fidgeted in their seats, wishing to go over and give him their present now. Yuuri didn't mind too much, excited by the fact that so many people were wanting to celebrate his birthday, but it couldn't help but slow the clock down until his third period had surely lasted two hours and not one.

'Yuuri!' The high pitched squeal was one that Yuuri could pinpoint down to the person immediately. Minami, the red streak in his hair causing him to stand out in the crowd despite his height, was bounding towards him, a hastily wrapped present in his hand. Lunch was in little more than five minutes and Yuuri was in a rush to meet Viktor, who had his own plans for Yuuri's birthday, but he couldn't deny his friend of the victory of giving Yuuri his present before anyone else. Well, except Yuri, but Yuuri didn't want to mention that to Minami.