3) ''Hello, Class. I'm Mr Nikiforov.'' Pt.I

A/N I am English and have no idea about the American school system so this was all learned through Wikipedia or other books. Tell me what's wrong if there is anything :)

Viktor arrived at the school, nervous and shaking but a fake smile still plastered on his face, his emotions stable and unwavering yet somehow stuck in a state of pure panic- somehow not showing outside of his own mind.

His hands gripped the vinyl steering wheel, his hands turning white, microscopically shaking. Oblivious to his surroundings, Viktor got out of the car and practically ran to the staff-room, waiting for his assignment.

Feeling like a student again, he entered the staff-room letting all the teachers gawk at the 'new hot Russian teacher' and waited for his assigned co-worker to give him a schedule. A petite lady with pursed lips hobbled over to him, a frail hand clutching around the folded piece of paper with an over-bearing stamp reading 'schedule'.

Viktor immediately looked over it surprised to see that Russian Poetry was on there. What kind of school taught that? Viktor, ignoring the weird choice in elective, continued to read the multiple periods reading Russian or Art. Being a supply teacher, he had a range of skills- Russian obviously being his best due to it being his first language. Art was a passion of his and he had a good eye for talent meaning he could get even the worst of students through an art course.

Russian poetry...it was simply something he enjoyed reading to pass the time and when he had put it down in the 'interest box' of his application, he did not expect to be teaching a lesson on it.

Now more nervous than before he made his way to his first class and casually stuck his hands in his pockets and pretended not to see the thousands of girls surrounding him, blood pouring from their noses- even some boys too.

Not that Viktor minded, he went either way and that was simply that. Viktor had never had a problem with his sexuality and was happy to flaunt it whenever possible but being in a school, and professional, environment meant it wasn't exactly his time to wear rainbow shirts and go rounding hollering 'I'm bi, everyone! I'm bi.' Which, unsurprisingly, had in fact happened before.

Viktor reached his first class almost just as the bell rang, he stepped inside to find it dark and gloomy, none of the lights were on and it looking dusty from years of being ignored. Quickly, he flicked on the light switch and made his way to the teacher's desk, wiping away the dust, and opened the crumpled schedule that he had stuffed in his pocket.

Period 1- Senior Russian

Period 2- Russian Art

Period 3- Free

Lunch

Period 4- Freshman Russian

Period 5- Art

Viktor was happy that his day was short and he had no lessons for the last few hours of school. So, sighing contently, he leant back in his chair and waited for the Seniors to come in.

-

Yuuri was terrified. He had entered straight into senior year and he was less than delighted. The bell had rung and students flooded around him. He had already collected his flimsy schedule from the office and had only barely managed to open his new locker before throwing everything in.

Now, he stood outside his first lesson- Russian. He wasn't looking forward to it but he was good at it and was glad that his new school did it at all. Taking a deep breath, he entered and was shocked to see only about four other students in the classroom. He wasn't late, that was a plus.

As the next few students flooded in, he found that the class was quite small. Russian mustn't be common here. It annoyed him, he was great at Russian but wasn't much for drawing attention to himself so it left him in a conundrum- did he speak up and get a good grade or did he stay quiet and have to ace all his tests? He went for the second. Simply because he would probably ace all his tests anyway but with low self-esteem and panic attacks, it would definitely be an extra weight on his shoulders.

The class soon fell silent and the teacher stood up from his chair and...wow. Yuuri hadn't looked at him before but he was a male, early twenties, with shimmering silver hair and eyes as bright as the sun- Yuuri was mesmerised.

He only broke out of his reverie when the new teacher, Mr Nikiforov, introduced himself- a strong Russian accent underlying his voice.

'Hello, class! I'm Mr Nikiforov. It's very nice to meet you all.' He smiled and Yuuri felt blown away, how could someone be so handsome- he liked girls but at this rate, he wasn't even sure.

He groaned silently, realising what he was thinking. This was his teacher for God's sake!

Mr Nikiforov continued his introduction explaining his position as a supply teacher until the previous teacher returned, although Yuuri had never met her, he heard whispers obviously complimenting her from all sides.

'Also!' He finalised, sounding too excited for his own good. 'Can any new students please raise their hands!' He smiled delightfully and scanned the room to see who put their hand up.

No one did but they all did one thing, they stared at Yuuri Katsuki, the obvious new kid. Suddenly, out of nowhere a voice spoke up. 'Viktor, that pig over there is new.' The kid, covering his face with his shaggy blonde hair, stuck his thumb back at Yuuri, not even glancing in his direction and left the rest to Mr Nikiforov or apparently, Viktor.

'Yuri, no first names in school.' Yuuri looked up confused, thinking he had called out to him, to see the new teacher scolding the Russian teen almost as if they were friends.

This would be hard, two Yuuris in the same class and almost the complete opposites.

Mr Nikiforov left Yuri alone and went back to his desk but called for Yuuri to stand up. He blushed under the classes gaze and stood behind his chair.

'Yuuri Katsuki, sir.' He mumbled, barely loud enough for the person next to him to hear. The class just stared at him as if he hadn't said anything at all, waiting patiently for a name.

'Yuuri Katsuki, sir.' He repeated, loud enough for people to hear it as a whisper but Viktor looked content enough and sat down, letting Yuuri sit down too. This would be an interesting lesson.

word count: 1042

published: 18/01/17