29) ''This Is A Day Of Revelation!''

'Yuuri, over here!' Minami shouted, waving his arms frantically in the air, motioning Yuuri over. Yuuri couldn't hold back a shy smile as he watched Minami awe at him as if he were a god. He still didn't quite understand it and none of his friends had given him any help.

(Minami's often flushed cheeks should have been indicator enough)

Yuuri wrapped his coat carefully around him, the bulk of it enough to protect him from the cold. 'Please tell me why we picked to hang out in the park when it is this cold.' Takeshi complained, his only protection a thin, black bomber jacket that probably let more rather than less wind through.

'Don't complain, it's your fault for wearing that stupid jacket.' Yuuko chastised, Takeshi huffing in reply.

'What are we doing here anyway?' He groaned, scowling.

'It's a welcome Yuuri back celebration!' Minako cut in, her voice slightly too upbeat for Yuuri to bother listening in to. And then, realisation struck.

'Welcome Yuuri back celebration!?' They all nodded, facing him (apart from Takeshi, who seemed determined to remain scowling).

'We hadn't seen you in so long and you seemed really down lately so, we're here to say that whatever is happening, we are always here! And we also want to say welcome back to the group because this time, we are not letting you eat alone in the lunch hall no matter how much space you need.' Yuuko gave a pointed look at Minako, who had clearly been the one to vouch that they let Yuuri come to them. What a great plan that had been.

Yuuri was at a loss for words, that was tech sweetest anyone had been to him in so long. Although, the guilt that nagged him all so quietly suddenly became much more perceptible. He had forgotten about these guys. Who just forgot about their friends? He felt terrible.

'Oh no, Yuuri! Don't get so down! We don't mind, you needed your space and we let you have it.' Trust Yuuko to know exactly what was going through his mind. Yet, despite being dulled, that voice was still there telling him that he didn't need space. He needed people and he had still ignored them.

He had been so focused on Viktor, Yurio, his powers.

'What have you been doing without us anyway?' Takeshi was still scowling and Yuuri couldn't help but feel a little intimidated. Not that he was scared, he had seen Yurio growl enough times to never be scared but intimidation was a whole different spectrum.

'Heh, well, that's quite a long story, actually.' Yuuri mumbled, scratching the back of his head nervously. No one said anything. They kept their eyes on him and that was enough urging for Yuuri to break. He needed to tell someone and these people had already earned his trust. He wouldn't tell them everything but he needed to get a few things off his chest.

'You know Mr Nikiforov?' He asked, getting four nods in reply. Despite being friends, none of them were doing Russian and would have only seen Viktor. 'Um, he's been helping me with a few things. Namely my power.'

There was an audible gasp coming from Minami, who looked like he was mid-worship. 'Are you finally going to tell us what your power is?!' He clapped his hands together, leaning forward as if every word he spoke was sacred. Now, this was what scared Yuuri. Being worshipped was something he had never had before. Even Viktor didn't worship him, per se. Or, so he thought.

'Um, not exactly but I told Viktor something and I'm going to tell you but you can't tell anyone. Enough people in the world know about it already and I'd rather it didn't spread.' They nodded, their faces set and determined.

'I was born without a power. Yes, I was that boy you heard about on the news. There were no pictures so not many people know it's me but yeah, it is. That was until a couple weeks ago. We're still trying to work it out seeing as I developed it so late. There have been a few problems and that's really what got me so down along with a breakup on top of that-'