Chapter Eighteen: Laryngitis

A/N: I do not own anything besides Amelia St. James and any other original characters which includes her parents, aunt, and uncle. 

The next morning goes, as usual, my hair looks slightly better than what it did yesterday. When I arrive at school I head to my locker, as usual, Santana and Brittany aren't there waiting for me, nobody was. I grabbed what I needed for my first two class periods and then went to the choir room. Even though we got the assignment yesterday, Finn was signed up to sing. Hmm...I wonder what he was singing. I take a seat next to Quinn and Puck. I don't always sit next to Jesse and Rachel, I like to sit by some of the others and get to know them. Once everybody arrived and there was still time, Finn started singing.

"Jessie is a friend, yeah I know he's been a good friend of mine," NO, he was not about to sing this song in front of everybody to Rachel, especially not with Jesse not being here. I watched Rachel, she kinda looked in awe and uncomfortable at the same time. It was a weird combination. Finn then moved to drums, I had no idea that he could play. After he left the drums and walked over to Rachel, and moved around her while singing. She was watching his move. Finn ended up moving full circle because he was now in front the room again. I took a look around the classroom, everybody was into the song, it's like they didn't care that Rachel had a boyfriend. Even Mr. Schue was into the song, some teacher...

Finn finished the song, I put a pissed off look on my face, hoping somebody would notice. Everybody was cheering for him, except me. "Nice work. Now that, that is the kind of soul-exposing song I was talking about. We should all be inspired by Finn's bravery. Good job, buddy," Mr. Schue said. "Are we going to ignore the fact, that he was clearly singing to Rachel, and that Rachel HAS a BOYFRIEND," I asked. Nobody said anything, they all just kinda looked around, avoiding the question. "Uh, Mr. Schue, can I sing my song now?" Puck asked. I didn't notice that Puck signed up to sing today. "Yeah, let's go for it, Puck," Mr. Schue told him.

Puck got up and walked over to the door, he let some kids with instruments into the room. "What are they doing here?" Mercedes asked. "I invited my brothers from the jazz band and their righteous horns to help me out with my song." Puck told her. "Since I shaved my mohawk, I started seeing things differently. Yesterday I joined a black church and I recently downloaded every song. Sammy Davis Jr ever recorded on iTunes. He was a black jew, you know and my inspiration. So without further ado, I give you of Sammy's biggest hits," He announced. Puck started singing, I liked the sound of his voice. He could really sing, how come he was wasn't the male lead before Jesse joined? Puck was even dancing, it was entertaining than Mercedes joined in on the singing. They actually sounded pretty good together.

School passes by fairly quickly, I get a text from Jesse saying that he and Aunt Vanessa miss me and that they will be home soon enough. It put me in a good mood, then I saw Finn. I was still mad at him for singing to Rachel, and the fact that she just sat there and let him sing to her. Finn was at his locker putting things into it when I approached him. "The nerve you have," I say to him. "Uh...oh dear, you're mad," He stated. "Yeah, I'm mad, you sang a song about wanting a certain girl in front of the entire glee club even though said girl has a boyfriend," I tell him with my voice rising. "Look, I just needed to get it out of my system," He said to me. "What about the other girl you were telling me about yesterday, what happened to her?" I ask. "I listened to your advice, well kinda. I can live with her being a friend, but Rachel. She's just something different. A-a good kind of different," he explains. "I'm not happy about what you sang, but don't ever do it again....at least not when Jesse or I are near. Got it?" I state. He nodded his head. "Now come on, let's get to glee," I say.

Finn and I were last the ones to enter the classroom, it was Kurt. "Alright, let's get things started," Mr. Schue begins. Kurt wasn't being normal, and I can't believe that I missed it this morning. He was wearing normal boy clothes, they looked like something Finn would wear. "Mr. Schue? I liked to start us off. I believe that I found a song that finally expresses my true voice," Kurt states. "Okay," That was the only thing that Mr. Schue had to say. Kurt was even talking in a deeper tone than usual. Kurt turned to face the band, "Gentlemen," He stated. They began playing, the song was different, kinda rockish, it definitely wasn't Kurt. I looked around, Finn was into it, Mr. Schue looks confused and disappointed. Kurt sang deeper than he does too, something was wrong, and I have no idea what it was.

Almost everybody was confused as to why Kurt was acting like this, and singing a song like this. He kept on singing well until he stopped singing. We clapped for him but was more of why clap. Kurt walked over to be directly in front of Mr. Schue. I didn't know what expression Mr. Schue had on now, but Kurt noticed it. "Is there something wrong Mr. Schue?" He asked. "I don't really think you got the point of the assignment. This was about finding a song that expresses who you are. That song didn't really sound like you," He states. "Well, I'm sorry if I didn't live up to your expectations," Kurt says. "No, no. This group needs you to be you, Kurt. You can literally do things that no else can," Mr. Schue explains. "I'm not a box, there are more than four sides to me," Kurt tells him. "Don't lose track of who you are just because it might be easier to be somebody else," He tells Kurt. Kurt leaves directly after that but Brittany got up and followed him and spoke to him before he could. "Alright, take five guys," Mr. Schue announces. We ended up not doing anything after that. We just sat around and talked to each other.

Cheerios practice was normal after that, but Kurt wasn't there again. I wonder when he will be here. I went home and ate dinner then did my homework. After all that I called Jesse, we talked for a while but then we both had to go.

Nothing happened on Wednesday, but by Thursday Rachel was a mess. She looked almost like a homeless person. Her hair was a mess, she was carrying around a bowl of cheerios. The cheerios part kinda made me want to laugh. Glee club during lunch that day was interesting. Santana and Mercedes sang a song together. Santana almost attacked Mercedes and I found it to be very funny. Santana was the one to actually attack first, Mr. Schue had to pull them back, she then left the room. I had a feeling that Puck was enjoying the two girls fighting about him.

On Friday, Mercedes quit the Cheerios, something about not being herself. Hopefully, Kurt shows up for practice for the first time this week. He passed me in the hallway, he was holding hands with Brittany, I had a feeling that he wouldn't be at practice. I walked away and went to class, I believe that I passed his dad on my way...weird. After fifth-period, I saw Kurt storm out of the boy's bathroom and into the auditorium. I hope he's okay.

Kurt was back to his normal self by glee club after school. Which was good, we were gonna do a run through of a group number today. Mr. Schue had asked me on Monday if I could help with choreography, which I agreed to do. It was fun, decided where and how people would be dancing, maybe after high school and college I could be a dance teacher, who knows?

The group song was One by U2, Jesse was mad when I told him what he was missing. But I'm just happy that he will be back home tonight. Once everybody was changed into their outfit, and we all matched. Like literally, everybody's shirt was the same, we went to the auditorium. We ran through the number, Finn, and Rachel on lead vocals, the choreography was simple. It had to be simple, we had an odd number of girls and boys this week since Jesse wasn't here. I thought the number turned out really good.

After Glee, I headed straight to Cheerios practice, Kurt was there and it amazing. Coach Sue was a bit meaner today since Mercedes quit and now we had to start a new routine for Nationals, but oh well. This only adds to the number of things that we can do. Uncle Daniel picked me up and it was a silent drive home. We ate dinner and I went upstairs to do my homework. Hours passed and I heard car doors shut outside. I shoved my laptop off my lap and raced downstairs and into the front hallway. Jesse opened the door with a smile on his face. He dropped his bag and I jumped into his arms. This entire week felt weird because I didn't have my partner in crime with me. Jesse may be my brother but he is also one of my best friends. It felt right to have him back home.  

A/N: Let me know what you think, what I can improve on, and don't forget to vote.