Birthday Day

I woke up this morning in a happy mood.

Kaitlyn had FaceTimed me, one of the best things to wake up to, was hands down her voice.

"Happy Birthday JC." Mom came into my room, holding something behind her back.

"Thanks Mom." I hugged her,

"In my hands, I have two tickets. One, is for you, the other, for whoever you want, to the 49ers game tomorrow" Mom said, extremely happily.

"Mommmm, you know I hate the 49ers." I groaned,

"That's why they're playing the Patriots." My mom explained to me,

I smiled widely,"Thank you so much Mom." I threw my arms around her and hugged her.

"JC. Do really want to suffocate your Mom?" My mom choked out,

"Oh, yeah, sorry." I said sheepishly,

It was around 11ish, so I grabbed my game gear, and stole a french toast stick from Taylor.

I drove Mom to the field, and got my stuff out of the trunk.

"I'll be back with, then you can pick your car." Mom said, pulling out of the school.

I went to their outdoor locker rooms, and then saw the rest of my team.

"Right, so as you guys know, Derek was kicked off the team. So I wanna nominate, JC, as our captain." Jimmy stood still, almost everyone agreed.

I walked in, and knocked on the door, "Am I allowed in here." I chuckled.

"Come on in, Captain." Jimmy joked,

I pulled my shirt off and started changing, "Alright, guys, it's our first game of the season. My first game, with you guys. I want you all to play your best. We're Pirates. We don't take no for an answer. We're gonna beat them down, and then. And then. I'm gonna go get a car."

*****

It was the last quarter, I was playing my hardest.

"Blue,22. Set, Hike." Jimmy recieved the ball, and a perfect spiral sailed into my arms.

My legs ached, I was tackled.

"First and 10." I heard someone say.

10 yards from a touchdown.

"Hand off the ball, it's too predictable to pass." I said to Jimmy.

"Alright," Jimmy agreed, and handed the ball to me.

I dodged defenders, like it was some kind of intricate dance. Weaving, spinning and running.

I hit the end zone.

Cheers from the visitor's side, and the cheerleaders rang out all through the field.

I ran off the field, to see Kaitlyn sitting with the cheerleaders.

"Hey," I said breathlessly,

"Happy Birthday." Kaitlyn smiled at me,

"What, no birthday kiss?" I asked jokingly.

"Not now," Kaitlyn motioned towards Rachel.

I stole a kiss from her, "I'm a desperate man."

Kaitlyn smirked at me," So, are you still coming over to meet my parents tonight?"

"Why would I turn you down?" I asked,

"You don't have the guts to." Kaitlyn teased me,

"Can you come over after dinner? Just say, you're sleeping in Taylor's room." I pleaded,