Church and Brunch

I woke up this morning, with Taylor jumping on my bed. She was sixteen years old, and jumping on her younger brother's bed.

"Get off fatty." I said, shoving her with my legs. Taylor tripped, and fell arms first towards the carpet.

"Ouch." Taylor grumbled, and I rubbed my eyes. To get revenge, Taylor opened my blinds. I dove under the blankets, cowering from the light. "Real manly, I bet Lauren would love to hear about this."

"Taylor Rose Carmicheal, stop bothering your brother and go shower!" Mom screamed from her room.

"JC was bothering me too!" Taylor screamed,

"JC, go shower!" Mom yelled,

I jumped up, before Taylor could, and sprinted towards our bathroom we shared. Our house was weird like that, 'cause there were two, half-bathrooms downstairs, Mom's ensuite, and the bathroom Taylor and I shared.

I threw open the door, and twisted the lock. I'd shower first.

*AFTER THE SHOWER*

I wrapped a towel around my lower section, and walked back to my room. Taylor ran to the bathroom, her hair swinging as she ran.

My sister is actually kind of pretty after you look past her annoyingness. Note, I am certainly not complimenting my excuse of a sister. I'm just saying that she's pretty. Don't all girls want to hear that?

I put on a long sleeved white button up, khaki shorts, a neon stripe bow tie from Vineyard Vines, and a fishbone canvas club belt also from Vineyard Vines. I dried my hair, via towel, and tried to make it look presentable by flipping it over and over again. I rolled up my shirt sleeves, and then tucked my shirt in.

"Taylor, JC, get in the car." Mom directed, I slipped on a pair of Sperrys, and walked out to the Traverse. I plopped into the passenger, right before Taylor got out.

"I'm older, and I get stuck in the back." Taylor grumbled, she wore a white sundress, with a brown flower belt, and a pair of black flats with a bow. Mom entered the car, and we jammed out to Christian rock. We're just that hardcore.

Once we got to mass, I saw Lauren first.

Pfft, not like I was looking for her.

Okay, maybe a little bit. We walked over, and I sat next to her.

"Hey, you clean up nicely, sweaty football boy." Lauren teased,

"No, I just decided to shower for this special occasion." I smiled, and Lauren poked my cheek.

"You have dimples." Lauren pointed out,

"Really?" I asked, mock incredulously.

"Yeah," Lauren whispered as mass started,

* unless you really care about how the mass went*

"Alright, Lauren, can you get there with the Carmichaels?" Mr. Cimorelli asked,

"Yeah, I guess." Lauren said, shrugging her shoulders. She looked cute doing that. She was wearing black shorts, and a striped shirt. Lauren ROCKED it.

"I'll sit in the back with you." I volunteered,

"Thanks," Lauren said, walking to the car with me.

"You look absolutely gorgeous today, and I'm not just saying that." I blurted out, making both me and Lauren's face red.

"You don't look too bad yourself." Lauren said, and I flipped my hair.

"I do what I can." I shrugged sarcastically.

"Just kiss already!" Taylor said from the front seat.

"Taylor." Mom said, playfully hitting Taylor's shoulder. Lauren and I blushed, we'd probably win a contest for the biggest tomatoes.

"So you're in Cimorelli, right?" I asked, I had heard of them on YouTube a couple times.

"No, my last name is just Cimorelli." Lauren said sarcastically,

"So I'll take that as a yes." I said, shoving her lightly.

"I lived the luxurious life as a semi-famous person. Now I have to go to your school." Lauren said, acting snobby. This chick is hilarious.

"Should I be bowing down and kissing your feet?" I asked, and Lauren laughed. It was pretty.

We got to The Waffle, and were seated a couple minutes. This time, I was sitting in between Lisa and Lauren.

"Aawww. JC, you look great in that tie." Mrs. Cimorelli said, and I sort of blushed.

"Uh, thanks. It's from Vineyard Vines." I said,

Lisa fake coughed, "Prep."

"That prep can hear you." I whispered to her, and we both smiled.

"Hi, I'm David Jensen. And I wanna know if you wanna go out some time soon?" Some blonde cocky guy asked Lauren.

"Hi, I'm her boyfriend, and she doesn't want to." I said, wrapping my arm around Lauren and pulling her close to me. I kissed Lauren's cheek, and that David guy walked away.

Lauren unwrapped herself, "Jacob Christopher, I can handle myself."

"Thanks JC, I don't want Lauren hanging around guys like that." Mr. Cimorelli said,

"No problem Mr. Cimorelli." I said, while Lauren huffed.

"Please, call me Mike." Mr.- Mike said,

"If you insist." I said, blushing a little bit. Lauren turned away from me.

"Can you excuse me for a minute?" Lauren asked, and her parents nodded.

"I'll, I'll be right back." I said, going after Lauren. I saw her, and hugged her from the back.

"What do you want now?" Lauren asked me, I thought we were good. The next second, she hates my guts. I will never understand women.

"To apologize. I didn't like the way that guy was looking at you. He was practically eye raping you." I said, scuffing my shoes on the ground.

"It's adorable that you did that for me. But JC, I can handle myself." Lauren said putting a hand on my shoulder.

We both looked into each others eyes. Lauren looking up at me and me looking down at her. We were just about to kiss, when Dani walked in on us. My lips were almost on hers.

"Ahh! Mom and Dad and Mrs. Carmicheal want you guys back." Dani said,

"Keep your mouth shut." Lauren said, as we walked back to the table.

"Everything cleared up?" Mom asked,

"Crystal." I answered with a smile.

"That's great." Mrs. C said,

I flashed Lauren a smile and she returned it. Whoa, that smile was perfect. Blinding white teeth, and soft looking lips. Gahh! Jacob Christopher Allen Carmicheal, stop it right now.

*

"You behaved yourself pretty well today." Lauren stated,

"Do I get a doggie treat?" I asked sarcastically,

"Not today. And I like cats more." Lauren said, as we walked up to her house.

"I'll walk with you to school tomorrow." I offered automatically.

"Night." Lauren said,

"G'night." I said, sprinting over to my house.

All I can tell you is, that night, I slept like a baby.