Part 3: Chapter 5

Start from the beginning

"No, the little pest wants to ruin my life and annoy me to death."

There was a gasp at the doorway and Scorpius and Athena looked over to see Narcissa Jo standing there with tears in her eyes. "No," she said quietly. "I just wanted you to love me because you're my sister. But it's okay. I get it. I'll just stay in my room all night so I won't be a nuisance."

"Cissy!" Scorpius called after her as she fled the room. "Damn it Athena. Look what you did!"

"I didn't think she would hear me," Athena said indifferently. "So do I need to send an owl to the Notts instead?"

Scorpius stared at her and shook his head in disbelief. "I can't believe you."

"What?!" Athena said angrily. "We've never gotten along; This is nothing new."

"Who cares if you get along with her!? She's our sister! And you've just let her leave thinking that you don't love her. That's cold even for you Athena."

He stormed out of the room, calling after Narcissa Jo, leaving Athena to her thoughts.

"Cissy!" Scorpius, yelled, pounding on her door. "Cissy, let me in!"

"Hey Scorpius," Aries said coolly, walking down the hallway toward Narcissa Jo's room, his hands stuffed in his pockets. "What's going on?"

"Hey Aries," Scorpius replied wearily. "Athena said something hurtful to Cissy; Nothing new, but I think she may have gone too far this time. When did you get here?"

"Few minutes ago. Lissa's downstairs with Lyra. Why don't you go say hi? I'll talk to Cissa Jo."

Scorpius looked reluctant, but nodded, knowing that Aries and Narcissa Jo had a special bond and that if anyone could cheer her up, it would be him. "Okay. Tell her I love her please and that Athena does too."

Aries waited for Scorpius to disappear down the stairs before knocking on the door.

"I'm fine Scorpius! Just go get ready for your friends to come over. I'll stay in here with my books!" Narcissa Jo yelled from inside her room.

"It's me," Aries replied quietly.

He heard scrambling on the other side of the door. "Aries?"

"Yes, tis I! Aries, the god of war!" he said dramatically.

He heard her giggling and smiled. "Can I please come in my little daffodil?"

She was quiet. "You haven't called me that in a long time."

"I haven't."

"I just want to be alone right now, Aries. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." He heard her move away from the door.

"I just want to talk to you," he replied trying the door. It was locked. "I'm coming in, okay?"

When she didn't respond, he pointed his wand at the door and said "Alohomora." The lock clicked and he walked in, closing the door behind him.

Narcissa Jo was curled up in a big chair in the corner of her room, staring out the open window with a thick book in her lap. Her long blonde hair swirled around her and tears glistened on her cheeks in the early afternoon sunlight.

"I told you I wanted to be alone."

Aries stood by the door looking at his little sister and shrugged. "Didn't mean you needed to be alone."

She turned her face to him and her lower lip quivered. "Why does she hate me so much? All I've ever wanted is to be like her."

"Oh Cissa Jo," Aries said kindly. He walked over to her and pulled her out of the chair and into a tight hug. She cried openly and he stroked her hair, letting her get it all out.