Chapter 10- Contacts

Sofia's POV

After we left the Laugh Floor, Peter led us back onto Main Street, USA. We waited in some bushes until our parents came out from the castle. I had no idea what they were doing there, but I wanted to know. But now was not the time. Our parents looked extremely dejected. I had never seen them like that. I was surprised to see my mom and Aunt Jess joining them. I wondered how they had been turned into DHIs. I mean, we did it without knowing but they weren't supposed to be modeled.

My dad reached into a bush in the Hub and pulled out a small fob. It looked like a garage door-opener. He held it over the bushes he had taken it out of. Then he pushed it and my parents were gone. I looked at Lucas. He was still staring at the spot they had vanished.

"We should go," I said, standing up. My friends followed and I turned towards Peter.

"Thank you." I said to him. He grinned reassuringly. He had explained so much of my parents' story that I couldn't help but like him. He was quite like his character in the movie, but he seemed to understand more than his counterpart. He had helped us a lot.

I led my friends over to the bush. I found the fob and held it over the bush like my father had done. I looked at my friends and Peter watching us from a few feet away. Alex nodded encouragingly. With that, I pushed the button.

3rd Person POV

In the room under "Pirates", the three Overtakers were sitting on the thrones their followers had made for them. The corkboard now held the five cut-out photos of the original Keepers' eldest children. Maleficent had taken a special interest in Sofia and Lucas, Finn Whitman's children and Jessica's, Jezebel to her, child: Emma. She had been given two weeks until she would become bone again. She had been allowed to come back to the park to find a fairlie and use their blood to restore her to her full life form. Being that Amanda Lockhart was the mother of the twins and Jess was the mother of Emma, Maleficent figured that one of the children was the one to give her life again. Her powers had dimmed due to not being fully alive. Now she was waiting for the spies to return from scouting the children. They were not to attack yet under her direct orders.

A pair of pirates entered the room. They stood waiting for their masters to call them. The Evil Queen nodded them forward. They stood in front of the women, obviously anxious.

"Well?" The Evil Queen asked.

"We saw them leave the Laugh Floor." One pirate stuttered.

"They left with Pan and hid behind some bushes on Main Street." The other said. "They waited until the Keepers came out of the castle and left before they followed."

"Interesting," Maleficent said to the Queen.

"Very. You may go." She said to the pirates. They left. She turned to Maleficent.

"They did not meet up with their parents." She stated.

"Indeed," Maleficent said. "They were said to be in their pajamas. Perhaps their parents don't know they are here. But, how could they not?"

"I don't know." The Queen replied. "I think it is time for the spies to invade the children's schools."

"Yes! Children against children, it worked last time. We must tell them to focus on Finn Whitman and Jezebel's children: the two girls and the boy."

"I can arrange that," Cruella said.

"If these children don't know everything their parents have done," Maleficent said looking at the cork board, "then they will not see this coming."