Chapter 3- A Cry for Help

Finn's POV

"Finn... it's Wanda..."

I looked up at my wife. Wanda? I hadn't spoken to Wanda in a few months. She rarely called. I quickly got up from my chair and took the phone from Amanda. She looked worried. I go into our living room, leaving my wife with our 5 children. I noticed my firstborn twins: Sofia and Lucas looking at each other. I knew Sofia liked to play detective and Lucas was her partner. I tried not to look perplexed as I left them to answer Wanda.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Finn? This is Wanda."

"Hi, Wanda. Is something wrong?

" I went to my father's apartment this morning to go to breakfast at Be Our Guest, but I can't find him. All I saw was cut-up photos of you, and the rest of your friends with your families. There was also a note..."

"Hold on, you're saying Wayne has been kidnapped? By who? The Overtakers are gone."

"I think they are back."

This sentence swam through my head. The Overtakers, back? This can't be happening...

"What can I do?"

"Can you cross over? I can arrange new filming, but please- I need your help."

"Of course! The rest of us are coming over to my house tonight. Do you want to join us?"

"Yes, thank you so much, Finn"

"We will find him."

Sofia's POV

Thank god it's finally lunch! I walked to the lunch line. The options: something that resembled mashed potatoes but was a yellow/green color and "macaroni and cheese" that was more like soggy noodles with nacho cheese poured on it. I chose the "macaroni" because it came with a bag of chips and the safest vegetable: cold carrots. I walked over to my brother Lucas who was, of course, reading another book. He has been obsessed recently with our powers. He's found all sorts of books on fire, water, and telepathy/empathy.

"Hey." I said, sitting down next to him.

"Hey. Did you know that there was this guy from the 19th century who gained fame from setting things on fire? Scientists dismissed it as a magic trick using phosphorus." He said.

"Of course I didn't know that." I replied.

"Know what?"

My best friend Alexander had slid into the seat next to me. Lucas shoved his book into his backpack.

"It's nothing."

Alex dismissed it. I wish I could just tell him. But he'll think I'm crazy. He let it go pretty easily.

"Are you excited for tonight?" He asked me.

"Who couldn't be excited about a movie night?" I replied

"Who is all coming?" he asked.

"Emma, Elijah, and his sisters." I said.

"This is going to be fun." Lucas jumped in.

All of a sudden a crumpled piece of paper hit Lucas in the back of the head. I felt it too. I looked up to see Noah Luowski snickering with his group of bullies. Lucas was starting to slightly steam. I grabbed his arm.

"Let it go." I said with a knowing look.

He turned back around.

"Hey, Whitless!" Noah shouted at Lucas. "Can't fight your battles? Too scared?"

He started to steam more heavily, to the point where people may start to get suspicious.

"Calm down, or you will get in trouble." It was a double-meaning warning. If Lucas got to mad, he would really start steaming and we could be exposed. Also, if he engaged Luowski, he would get in trouble with the school. We ignored him and the bell rang for our next class.

"See you!" I said to my brother and Alex. I walked off to my next class, giving Luowski a look as I headed to Geometry.