Chapter 2- The Mysterious Phone Call

Sofia's POV

I woke up with a start as my alarm was ringing next to me. Groggily, I turned it off and got out of bed. Another day of school. I had to get ready for another day of listening to Mr. Dirk's history rant for an hour. At least I will get to be with my best friend Alexander and my twin brother Lucas. After school, Alexander, my cousin Emma, and my other friend Elijah were coming over with their brothers and sisters. Our parents had been best friends since seventh grade, though I don't really know how they stayed friends as they all went to different schools until high school and even then they hadn't all been together. My dad and his friends had once modeled for Disney to become hologram tour-guides known as the DHIs. They had become so famous, that when Disney had tried to replace them with new models, the public uproar made them reinstate the original DHIs as their 15-year-old selves. Although the DHI- holograms were cool, my friends and I had decided the real reason they were famous was because of the old rumors of the "Kingdom Keepers" defeating the Disney Villains when they tried to take over the parks. But those were just stories and I was running late.

Lucas walked into my room. My twin brother had the same dark-brown hair and brown eyes as me. However, my skin was slightly lighter than our mother's and his was as light as our dad's.

"Hey." He said

"Morning." I replied sleepily.

" You're always a ray of sunshine in the morning."

" I have history today"

"Good luck with that"

I walked over to my wall to unhook my backpack when I heard a crash behind me. I spun around to see Lucas on the floor. I felt a pain in my lower back as I realized he must have bumped into my dresser. My brother and I have this thing called empathy, but it is only between the two of us. We can feel when the other gets hurt. All of a sudden his head started to steam. My brother happened to have the ability to manipulate fire. Funnily enough, I could manipulate water. We have no idea how we have these powers, but we've always had them. Although I knew my parents wouldn't call us freaks or anything crazy, we hadn't told them. Then, I heard my mom call up to us.

"Sofia! Lucas! You are going to be late!"

I looked at Lucas and he got up, we charged down the stairs to see my dad, my sisters Ella and Carter, and my brother Logan sitting at the table. My mom was pouring drinks. We sat down and starting eating. As my mother put down the orange juice, she sniffed the air.

"Do you smell something burning?"

My dad looked up from his breakfast, sniffing the air. Damn it, Lucas! Your stupid hair! We looked at each other knowingly but shoved food into our mouths so we didn't have to answer. The phone rang and my mother went to answer it. Saved by the bell! We ate silently until my mother came back with a worried expression.

"Finn... its Wanda."

My dad looked up from his breakfast. He quickly got up and my mom handed him the phone. He walked away into our living room. My mother looked at the clock.

"Oh... you two are going to be late! Go on, get going!"

Lucas and I walked to our bikes, mine was mint green/blue and my brother's bike was black and red. We rode off to Winter Park High for our boring day of school.