Chapter 5- A Discovery

Finn's POV

Now that everyone was here, it was time for Wanda to explain what had happened to Wayne.

"Your children are wonderful." She said, sincerely but awkwardly.

"Thank you. Can you tell us what happened, Wanda?" I said, wanting to find out what happened to him.

She nodded. "We had breakfast reservations at Be Our Guest at 9 am. I went to his apartment and knocked, but he didn't answer. I let myself in and found cut-up photos and files of you all." She said.

Charlene looked worried. Maybeck looked shocked. Willa and Philby both were in deep thought. I looked over at Amanda who was looking down, Jess was staring at Wanda. I knew there was something wrong immediately. Wayne didn't just go off and get lost. We had lost him once, I was not about to do it again.

"What do you want us to do?

Sofia's POV

I was using the movie as an excuse to think about who Wanda was.

"I'm thirsty. Do you guys want anything?" I asked.

"Lemonade would be great." Emma said, looking up.

"Okay," I replied. I got up and started climbing the stairs, but I stopped at the door, hearing the voices of my parents and their friends.

"I need you to find him. I wouldn't ask if I wasn't really worried." A woman's voice said from our kitchen. I didn't recognize it, so it must be that other woman, Wanda. What on Earth could she need from them all?

"But they can't be back." My "aunt" Charlene said. Who?

"They have come back before." My father pointed out. Come back? Who's missing?

"The Overtakers were destroyed in the final battle at Disneyland. And we didn't bring any of them back from 1955." My "uncle" Dell said. 1955? Overtakers? Disneyland?

"That may be so, but my father is missing." Wanda said.

"So, you want us cross-over again? We would be 18 again." Aunt Willa said. Crossover?

"I can arrange for new filming." Wanda said.

"I think we should do it." My father said.

At this point, I needed to see their faces, to try to read their expressions. I thought this qualified as a time I needed to use my powers. I looked towards the sink and focused on the faucet. I thought about the sea and waves and then a burst of water came out of the faucet. The group of adults looked towards it and my dad and my uncle Terry got up. They hurried over to the sink and tried desperately to turn off the water. I took my opportunity. I opened the door and looked at my work on the sink.

"Oh!" I said, trying to act surprised. I wasn't much of an actress. Emma was pretty good at it, though. I've seen her turn on her charm, almost like Eli does, but never to hit on anyone like he does. I rushed over and slowed down the water flow until it stopped. As I did this, I saw my mom look at her friends with a worried expression, but I knew it wasn't about my flood. I got the lemonade from the fridge, as well as some bags of chips to take down to my friends. I didn't know why, but I needed to let them in on this.
************************************************************************

Back in my basement, I had just finished letting them in on what I overheard. When I told them about the sink flooding, Lucas looked at me knowingly.

"Why would they keep something from us?" Emma said.

"I believe it," Eli said. We all looked at him. "Think about it. None of us have ever been to Disney: world or land, cruises or international. Nada. Why? Our parents are such a huge part of it. Tell me you guys haven't researched everything can about the place. Every ride, every story?"

I saw by everyone's faces that they had done exactly that. Lucas and I had discussed Disney on multiple occasions, we were very interested, but our parents had never let us go. My mom and dad both worked for Disney, they were both Imagineers. Most of our parents were except Aunt Charlene, she owned a dance/gymnastics studio and although Uncle Terry was head of Animation at Disney, he still worked with his aunt in a pottery studio. Eli had not inherited his dad's art abilities; instead, he got his mom's athleticism. He had gotten his dad's mistrust of authority.

"Okay, but who has gone missing? Who is Wanda's dad?" Alexander asked.

I was surprised he asked these questions towards us. He was usually the one who figured stuff out for us.

"I don't know," I said.

"The bigger question is: What did they do when they were 18? What is crossing-over?"

"That's two questions." Eli said, but I didn't think he was trying to be annoying.

"Let's find out," Lucas said. Then, he explained his plan.