Chapter 4- Movie Night!

Author's Note: In this chapter, I list some movies that I don't own, obviously. I just wanted to give a disclaimer that I don't own the movies or anything, I just wanted to mention them. I also made this a longer chapter. With that out of the way, on with the chapter! 

Lucas' POV

I left my locker after the last bell rang. I walked outside to my bike and started to wait for my sister and Alex to get out of school. I read more of the book I had found at the library about pyrokinesis. I have always wondered why my sister and I had these powers; at first, I had thought it was a twin thing, but it seems like all the twins I know don't have these abilities. I just have so many questions: Why are they there? Why do the abilities seem so opposite, I mean fire and water? Talk about as polar as it gets. I wanted to start researching as much as possible. Sofia and I have long since decided to keep our powers a secret. It has been hard. I tend to get mad quickly and Sofia has to remind me to calm down. Sometimes I wish we could just tell someone, but at least we have each other. Alex has come really close to figuring out a few times. When I get angry, I steam. When Sofia gets angry, you get a flood. But she tends not to get angry a lot. All of a sudden, I hear a person I don't want to.

"Whitless!"

Noah Luowski and his group of knuckleheads came up to where I was standing and snatched the book right out of my hands.

"Hey!" I snapped.

"Pyrokinesis? Want to be a superhero?"

"Give it back, Luowski."

"No, I think I will keep it." He sneered back.

The next thing I know, Alex and Sofia are right there next to me.

"Lay off Luowski." Sofia said.

"Well, look who comes to the rescue: another Whitman and a Philby. You always stick together, don't you?"

"Always." Alex said, obvious Harry Potter reference.

"Alright, poster-children! See you around."

Noah dropped the book on the ground and walked away, laughing and looking back at us. Sofia picked up my book and handed it back to me.

"He's a jerk." Alex said, watching Luowski and his friends retreating backs.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Come on, let's get going." Sofia said.

We pulled our bikes out and rode off into the streets of Orlando.

Sofia's POV

We rode our bikes to my front door. As we walked inside, we saw Alex's parents Willa and Dell (we call them Aunt Willa and Uncle Dell, even though they are technically not related to us), sitting with our parents and another woman who I didn't recognize. When we came in they all looked up at us.

"Hey, how was school?" my mom asked.

"It was fine," I replied.

"Sofia, Lucas, Alex: this is our friend Wanda." My dad said.

"Hi." We said.

"Amelia, William, and Aria are in the yard if you guys want to go downstairs and wait for Emma and Elijah." My mom said.

"Okay." I said.

We walked downstairs and collapsed on the couch.

"I hate Luowski." Alex said, out of nowhere. He was lying upside-down on one of our two reclining chairs, his brown eyes focused on a spot in the distance and his short ginger hair hanging down from his head.

Noah Luowski had been going to school with us since 6th Grade when we went to middle school. Alex had gone to a different school than us, although we had been friends since we were born. He finally went to the same school as us when we came to Winter Park in September. It's now almost Halloween and we seemed to have a hard time with Luowski lately. I mean, he was bad in middle school, but he just seemed to have upped the level of his insanity since the beginning of school. I'm not saying my brother, Alex and I aren't popular, we kind of are. I think Luowski is trying to take some of that away. I have no idea why, though. Luowski seems to make a big deal about our names. I think he just has something against our parents.

"Let's just forget it." Lucas said, sitting on the other end of the couch I was on.

"I wonder who that woman was upstairs." I said, trying to change the subject.

"Her name sounds so familiar..." Alex said, sitting up from the armchair.

"I know." Lucas said.

At that moment, Elijah Maybeck, his dark-brown skin radiant as ever and Emma Webb, my cousin, with her light blonde (almost white) hair pulled back into a ponytail, came bounding down the stairs.

"Hey!" Emma said as her usual happy self.

"Hey!" I said back to her.

"So what are we watching?" Eli said, always getting to the action.

"We have choices," Lucas said, having planned our weekly movie night a month in advance. "The Game Plan, Sleeping Beauty, and Jurassic Park."

"I think we should do Sleeping Beauty, it's a classic." Emma said.

"We watch the princess movies all of the time." Eli complained.

We literally have this conversation every single week. Last week we watched Wall-E. The last time we watched a Disney Princess movies was about a month and a half ago.

"We do not!" Emma shot back.

The can argue like crazy, but they still hang out with each other. I could see by the look Lucas gives me that he is just as exasperated as I am. Alexander is already on his phone researching something. He wasn't even paying attention. I knew that he wouldn't really care, he was extremely easy-going. I zoned back into the argument at hand.

"Jurassic Park is scary," Emma said. "I promise you I will freak out."

I knew she would. Emma can get very jumpy; although she does push her limits frequently, trying to overcome it. I tried the compromise.

"Okay, we can watch the Game Plan: not scary, but still action-packed. They accepted the offer and Lucas puts the DVD in.