1: When It All Started

Start from the beginning

"So, what did the principal say?" Candy asked.

"Can you guys not tell anyone and just keep it to yourselves?" I asked, showing how much I trust them.

"We promise." They chorused.

"Okay, the principal is like me. With all the powers and stuff? Yeah, she's like me but she said that I have more powers than her, she only has 2." I whispered in the smallest voice I had so that no one could hear. They all laid-back, the expressions on their faces mixed.

"Keep it a secret, okay?" I said as I was half way on finishing my apple when the apple turned brown.

"Vi, what happened to the apple?" I asked her and showed her the apple, she took it from me but when she touched it she immediately let go of it.

"It's hot!" She exclaimed and touched the apple, Candy and Ace also touched the apple and nodded, contemplating to Vi's statement that the apple was indeed hot.

"I'm not exactly sure on what's happening." I said and we all stared at each other, confused. The bell rung.

"Just call us if something happens okay?" Candy asked, reassuring my safety. I nodded. It was already dismissal and I'm feeling super tired, I went home and greeted my sister who was studying.

"Hey, sis. If mom and dad are home, tell them I'm not feeling well and I'll just stay in my room." I told her, feeling already lethargic to get up the stairs.

"Do you need anything?" She asked and I shook my head, going upstairs. I put my backpack on the floor when I got in, I fell on my bed without changing my clothes. I lost consciousness on my bed later on. Head ache, heavy breathing, sweating, shaking, fever, cough, temperature high, abnormal pulse, fast beating of the heart, abnormal hearing, blurry eyesight.

"Honey? Are you okay? May told me you weren't feeling well." I heard somebody say. Maybe it's mom, I felt something touch my forehead.

"You're burning.. Honey! Bring Kay to the hospital!" I heard mom shout and immediately there were arms around me, carrying me bridal style. It's so noisy...

"Don't worry sweety, we're gonna take you to the hospital." Dad? I fell into unconsciousness again. I groaned and opened my eyes a little, to find lights and it was moving or I was moving. Somebody touched my forehead again and someone said, "Nobody has gotten a temperature this hot before." Doctor? My breathing became unsteady and I lost consciousness again.

I woke up to find a ceiling that was not color mint green but white and the feeling of something like a needle poking in my skin. I sat up but was laid back down again.

"You need to rest first, you're still burning. Could you imagine that? 50 degrees! Wow, you must be a tough girl to survive that." A guy who was massaging my hand said. He looked like that guy who Violet was spazzing over, was it Kris or Chris?

"Just rest first." He said and softly kissed my forehead, stopped massaging my hand and left.

An hour later, I felt thirsty. I sat up and looked at my hands, the marks were still there. I wonder if that Kris-looking-guy saw it, I looked to my right then to my left and found 2 guys, the other one was like the Kris-looking-guy and the other one sleeping next to my mom had tanned skin and mom sleeping on the couch. I found a glass of water on the table beside me, on my left. I grabbed it and gulped all of it down into my system, not feeling the thirst anymore.

I felt like burning, like literally on fire. I went down on the hospital bet and held the IV pole, and went to the bathroom. I entered the bathroom with the IV pole with me, I looked at the mirror and saw that my face was red. I washed my hand (my left hand, without the needle) but stopped when there was smoke when I touched the water. I just turned the faucet off and stared at the mirror, I closed my eyes and felt the fire. I opened my eyes to see that I was literally on fire! But I didn't feel anything hot, so I just calmed myself down and the fire went out.