1: When It All Started

Start from the beginning

Next class was Math but my forearm was hurting real bad. I think I can't attend Math class, besides only 4 more months till I graduate high school. I wrapped my forearm with a gauze pad to prevent it from hurting or maybe because another mark will show up. When I got to Math class, I sat at the very back. The teacher came in and discussed Algebra, I hate it. It's when my mind corrupts about everything, honestly the teacher is older than my father!

"Excuse me sir, the bell rang already." A boy I recognized as Mark said. Mark tricked the teacher saying the bell rang but it really didn't.

"Oh, it did?" The teacher asked and Mark nodded, causing some of the students laugh.

"It rang a minute ago." Mark said, a small smile making its way up to his lips.

"I guess my hearing's been off." The teacher said and scratched his head. "Class dismissed." He added, and the students went out, some congratulating Mark. Huh, way to go Mark. It was lunch time when the principal asked me to come to her office.

"Hey Kay, the principal wanted to meet you in her office." The class president, Judy informed me. I nodded and thanked her, I got up from my seat and headed to the principal's office, I hope this isn't bad news. I knocked on the door and heard the voice from inside.

"Come in." I heard her say. I turned the knob and went inside to see her chair facing the window. The lights were all out but the window was the only thing emitting light. Which I find her room a bit spooky.

"How are you, Ms. Smith?" She asked while she spun her chair around to face me. "Sit down." She gestured me to sit down on the chair in front of her. She had dark brown hair in a bun and she didn't look intimidating like always.

"Why did you call me Miss?" I asked her, good thing I didn't stutter. She snapped and turned her hand into a fist and the lights went on and the curtains closed. My mouth was left agape and my eyes were as big as the one's Candy spazzes over, was it Dough? Dio? Whatever.

"Close your mouth Ms. Smith, you might catch flies." She gestured her hand to my mouth in a levitating form and my mouth closed.

"H-How?" I stuttered out, my eyes still wide.

"I'm telling you this Ms. Smith because I also know that you have these kind of powers." She explained while she folded her sleeves, showing a sign like mine on my left hand. She grabbed my left hand and settled it beside her left wrist, the marks were alike, indeed the same.

"And here's one more." She snapped then turned her hand in a fist and then gestured her fist to the fish tank. The water from the fish tank floated and the fish also floated with the water, she then released her fist and the water and fish went back down.

"You are gifted Ms. Smith, you're like me but you have more powers." She explained while she lifted my hair and pointed at my nape.

"So far, you have 3 powers. But sooner or later you will have 12, I won't train you because you have to train yourself, it is said in 'The Book' okay? Be safe huh?" She put a hand on my shoulder. I nodded and left her room. What a surprising principal.

I have enough-- "Wait, Ms. Smith!" The principal went out of her office, to see me half way to the Cafeteria. She walked closer to me and leaned in my ear.

"Never tell anyone, but it's okay if you already told your best friends. Don't tell anybody else and don't trust anyone that easily." She whispered and looked at me, her eyes showing sincerity and care.

"Okay, Ms. Williams." I nodded and she went back to her office.

As I was saying, I have enough time to eat lunch. I headed to the cafeteria and saw my best friends, I sat with them and Violet gave me an apple. Good, I'm not that hungry anyways. I thanked her.