Hansel and Gretel Part 5 (End)

Gretel overheard her brother talking to a servant about you. He was planning on courting you and was furious about it. Why her? He wanted to get married to a woman who wanted to kill him.

"I swear if I ever see that freak again." she curses. As for you. Clarence treated you sweetly and you felt guilty. You never told him about your revenge and wanted to come clean about it. Your engagement was never finalized and no one knew. It was right before you two were going to the party when you tell him everything. You were expecting looks of horror or anger but instead he was just smiling.

"You don't want to kill him now do you?" he asks. You nod and pets your head gently.

"You wanted to bring justice for your grandmother. You were so caught up in the moment but you were able to bring yourself back before you did something irreversible. Besides, you no longer feel vengeance do you?"

"Your not mad at me?"

"I will admit, I am surprised but not angry. You didn't do something wrong and that is all in the past. What is more important is out future." you smile at him and he kisses your forehead and the two of you head on out to Gretel's engagement.

Hansel was greeting guest when he saw you. He smiled but then stopped. You were with a man. You and the man seemed close and he was feeling twinges of jealousy. The man spotted him and the two of you made your way over to Hansel.

"I congratulate you on your sister's marriage." Clarence says politely. Hansel forces a smile.

"I thank you for your kindness." he sees how close you are and feels even more upset. He was better looking than Clarence. He would be able to provide for you better. Why did you pick him?

"Where is your sister?" Clarence asks. Before Hansel can talk, someone shouts.

"You!" Gretel was pointing at you menacingly. "You b!tch! Haven't you caused enough problems already in my family!? You wanted my brother and me dead and now you come here once more? What makes it worse is that you seduce my own brother to have him try to court you. You should just die like that old hag!" you see her brandish a knife and run up to you in rage. You feel paralyzed and Clarence moves to protect you. 

Hansel grabs his sister's arms and twists it around her back. She lets out a painful yelp and drops the knife. Hansel glares at his sister.

"You just love ruining everything don't you?" He turns to his guests. "I apologize for this. I must ask you to leave for your safety and fear not. I will see to it my sister will get her punishment."  The people leave but they are whispering about you. Clarence notices how distressed you are and hugs you reassuringly.

"Don't worry about them dear. They can talk all they want but it won't change how we feel about each other." You return his hug and silently cry. Hansel watches shortly after his sister get taken away.

"I am supposed to be the one watching over you. The one hugging you. I am the one you were supposed to love." he say mechanically. "And I will be."

Days after your marriage, Clarence gets poisoned. People blamed you and you were forced to live an isolated life. You lived in the forest as people would always try to do mean things to you otherwise. Only one person believed you didn't murder Clarence. Hansel.