Bluebeard Part 3

When you arrived home, Keith was back and your brothers were making merry with the stranger. They all were chatting jovially about random topics and you were confused. Joseph was wary of the stranger and now they were talking as if they were old friends. You walk to the table they are sitting at and then Joseph notices your presence.

"Oh F/n. The stranger's name is Jack. He is actually a good man. Said he was a traveler. He knows a lot about fine arts and music. Good man and he has good judgement of people." You found this even more strange. Joseph doesn't take kindly to strangers but he was happy with the man named Jack. The stranger looks at you and smiled.

"I heard you were the one who saved me. Thank you." he says. 

"Your welcome." You look at the window and notice the sun was setting. "I guess I will go start dinner than." you go to the kitchen. Once you finish making your meal you set the table and you begin eating. Jack tells you how he was planning on staying at an inn nearby but since he was robbed he has no money.

"You can stay with us." Keith says. "You can stay in my room and I will room with Joseph for the time being. In exchange though, you help around the house."

"I see no problem with that." Jack says. It was decided and the following day, Jack helps you with the chores. You are tending the garden with him when you ask.

"You hair. It is blue. Did you inherit from a parent."

"I don't know actually. My parents had pure black hair. It was odd that I was born with blue."he says pulling weeds out. "Where are your parents?"

"Dead." you reply.

"So it is just you and your brothers."

"For now. Joseph is getting married and I think he and Keith is looking for potential husbands for me." 

"Oh. Why?"

"People get married young here. They are worried that I will be left alone once both of them are married. They are just worried about my well being and I don't really mind anyway." you turn to him.

"You do seem like a catch."

"Is this some pick up line?"

"Ooh. So you got beauty and brains. A rare combination. Not like the women I've seen." You got offended at his comment. You weren't being directly insulted but still felt a tad angry.

"Alright bluebeard, what women have you seen to think I am rare?"

"You seem trustworthy." he says seriously. "It has been only a day since I have met you but you are by far more trustworthy than any other women I have been with." he looked a bit sad and you felt a bit guilty and so you decided to lighten the mood.

"Well. You got a few things going for you. I guess you will be fine."

"Guess?" he says with fake shock. "I have much more going on for me."

"If you got so much going on for you, why are you single?" you tease. The two of you jokingly banter on and soon get closer. Jack had been getting along well with your brothers and you. He would help you make food and clean the house. He would tell you stories and you enjoyed his company. Soon it was the day of Joseph's wedding. He and May were married officially and around night time, there was a big party at the square. There were men drinking and you were at the sideline just enjoying yourself when a drunk man grabbed your arm.

"If you needed a partner. you could've asked me. No need to play coy." the man says trying to drag you away. You were going to scream to draw attention to you but someone grabbed the drunk's arm and forced him to let go. It was Jack.

"Come with me." he says and whisks you off to another part of the square where your brothers are. They were busy and Jack stopped short of them. He turned to you. He looked a bit jittery and nervous.

"Are you okay?" you ask.

"Yes. Yes. I am fine. It is just that I..." he says trailing off. "I..." he says once more before blushing.

"I..." you say getting annoyed.

"I like you!" he shouts. This catches the attention of your brothers and passerbys. You begin blushing and so does Jack.

"So you like my sister eh?" Keith says. He flings his arm around Jack's shoulder. "Well why didn't you say so? I approve of you."

"I as well." Joseph says. "It all depends on what F/n thinks." All eyes turn to you. You silently nod.

"Since you like me, I guess you should know." he takes a deep breath. "I am Jackson Fels. I am the lord of this province and I want you to be my wife."