Park Jimin

After leaving, Namjoon hyung's house-and burning the image of him naked from my mind-I meet up with Tae. He's waiting for me at our designated coffee shop. I walk inside and order a drink before sitting down. He frowns up at his phone while I smirk at Hoseok's Facebook page.
"Still not replying to you?" I snicker.
He glares at me. "Shut up! We can't all live with the man of our dreams! Some of us have to work for a stupid conversation." He huffs.
I try to hold back my laughter but fail. "Have you apologized to him yet? Or have you just started harassing him?"
He scoffs. "Harass who?! I just asked how he was doing! He's ignoring me. He's been online for fifteen minutes now!" He pouts.
I take his phone and slip it in my pocket, raising my brows teasingly. "Give it a rest. Let him breathe."
     He crosses his arms, glaring while I get up to retrieve my order. I slip it while Tae and I make plans for when Hobi gets back from America.
     "Jiminie! Did he answer yet?" He whines.
     I snort. "So much alpha you are now, Taehyung. Are you sure you won't be submitting to your future beta?" I tease.
     "Shut up, omega." He growls. "Just tell me already..."
      Rolling my eyes, I check his phone to see Hobi is now offline. I glance up at his hopeful expression. "Sorry."
     "Great! He'll never talk to me."
     "I said I'd help but I have to wait until he's back." I remind him.
     He nods. "I know. I'm just anxious. What if someone else claims him before I have a chance to apologize? What if he likes someone else?"
     I bite my lip. "I don't know, Tae. You'll just have to wait and see. I don't think he's seeing anyone, though."
     "I hope you're right."

   We finish lunch and decide on a welcome home trip between the three of us when he returns on a few days. I say my goodbyes then head back to Yoongi's to check up on him.
     He's still in bed when I come back so I make him a snack and a glass of water. He scowls at me when I set it down beside him. I know he hates me here, especially helping him.
      "Did you get whatever you needed from Namjoon's?" He asks as he takes the tray.
     I nod. "Yeah, I can't believe I left my favorite sweatshirt and jeans." I laugh. "I wore them like everyday in America."
     "Did you enjoy being there? At that school?" He asks suddenly.
     I glance up in surprise. "I did actually. I made some great friends and I've grown a lot. Mentally and physically." I admit calmly.
     He nods. "I can tell. I'm very proud of you, Jiminie." He smiles sardonically. "Any girlfriends? Boyfriends?"
     My heart seizes at the question. How can he ask me that so casually? He knows I waited for him. Anger clouds over me but I control it, keep my expression neutral. "Actually...I'm dating someone now." I lie.
     His eyes widen in surprise. "Really? Who?"
     "Kim Taehyung." I fidget with my hoodie. "We just started dating."
      He pauses, his eyes searching my face. "That's...good for you. I'm glad." He doesn't seem upset or...anything really. Like my dating Taehyung doesn't faze him. I refuse to release the pout threatening to come out.
"D-do you need help showering?" I ask nonchalantly, changing the subject. Patient, caregiver, patient, caregiver...maybe if I keep thinking about it like this it won't bother me so much. He's usually cold and distant but he used to have a soft spot for me...it seems that soft spot has gone. He treats me like I'm an annoying stranger. Maybe now to him, I am.
The thought hurts. A lot. Like our bond has gone away. Maybe it was never really there to begin with. I was always a burden to him, he just was good at hiding it. Yeah, he took care of me but it was only because Namjoon hyung begged him to. It's all becoming extremely clear I was never truly welcome here.
     "I can do it myself." He mutters defiantly."
     I smirk. "Oh yeah, like yesterday when you nearly fell as impaled yourself on the water faucet?"
      He glares at me for a long moment. "I'm fine, Jimin. Thank you for your help but I'm not invalid. I can do things on my own-actually you can leave now if you want. I'm nearly completely back on my feet." He tries.
     I raise a brow. "Which explains why you haven't been out of bed more than once since I've been here, right? Why can't you stop being so stubborn. It won't kill you to let me help." I sigh loudly.
     He pushes the tray aside since he's done eating. "I'm not the one being stubborn."
     "I'm just trying to repay my debt, remember? You took care of me for a long time. This is the least I can do. Let me do it." I insist and he finally lets it go.
     "Fine. You can start the water." He huffs. I fight a smile as I go do as I'm told and start the water, making sure it's hot but won't burn his skin. He's still sensitive and his wounds need to be watched.
    After I'm done, I roll my sleeves up and help him stand, letting him lean on me for support to the bathroom. I turn my head politely as he strips down and climbs under the spray. He closes the door and I use the time to grab a towel and some clean shorts for him.
     As I sit and wait for him to finish, I can't help but think again how lucky my hyung is to have such a loving mate. They were made for each other. I can't help but wonder how amazing that feels...to have someone you know was made for you. Someone to come home to and kiss and love and know will be there through all your trials in life...
    I'm not jealous, not really. More envious. I want that. Male, female...I don't care. It's true since my stint with Yoongi I've looked lately towards males but I think females are beautiful and worthy as well. I just know most females wouldn't prefer a male omega. It's just a fact. It doesn't bother me anymore.
    Just as I open my mouth to start up another conversation with grouchy Yoongi, my phone rings. I answer without looking.
     "Jimin! Guess what?"
     I frown at the voice. Kai?! "Kai?"
     "Hell yes! Guess what?"
     "What?" I haven't spoken to him since I've moved back.
     "I'm in Seoul! Let's get together tonight!" He yells, excitedly.
      My eyes widen in surprise. "Really? I can't right now but maybe later...when did you get here?"
      "Yesterday. I forgot to tell you I'm moving here so I wanted to surprise you. I miss you, Chim." He coos making me blush.
     Kai. My best friend and roommate from America. Also a beta. Also my confidant. "Yes! I'm so happy you're here. Well definitely get together later. Let me call you back with a plan." I smile widely as I hang up. I really missed him too I've just been too busy lately to give him a call which makes me feel guilty. He was so kind to me these last two years.
     I look up, realizing the water is no longer running to see Yoongi standing over me with a towel wrapped around his waist. When did he get out? Was I that out of it?
     I swallow hard, clearing my throat. "Sorry. I got you some clothes." I hand him the shorts and he takes it with a curt nod.
     I watch him limp back into the room without my help, frowning. He really doesn't need me. He's just humoring me. Maybe I should just take his advice and leave. He doesn't want or need me around. I can make plans to keep my mind off him, maybe move on completely like he's obviously done.