Chapter 31 - Clickbait

"Let's see what we have here..."

Oliver waited impatiently as Logan took his time, eyes scanning the sheet for what felt like hours. His breathing slowed as he finally read it out loud:

"Will U Marry Me Bro?"

Logan paused, loosening his grip on her arms, and she rotated to face him, staring straight into his eyes. They sparkled so beautifully blue under the living room fluorescents, Oliver almost lost her train of thought.

God, you are so handsome...what was I gonna say again?

Oh yeah.

She re-gained her focus, but Logan repeated the words before she could speak.

"Will. U. Marry. Me. Bro?"

He immediately broke into a laugh, the corners of his lips rising upwards in a sexy, sultry smile. "F*ck, you're cute." He grabbed both her cheeks and bent down to kiss her, still smiling as he pressed his lips to hers. He broke away when they were both out of breath, and Oliver sighed, wishing it would have lasted longer. Logan kept his gaze locked onto her eyes, grinning widely.

"You want to marry..." He pointed his forefinger at his chest. "...me?" He laughed again, gesturing up and down the length of his torso. "This idiot?"

Oliver rolled her eyes, muttering under her breath.

Does he seriously not know how sexy he is!

"Duh, that's what I just said."

Logan laughed again, squinting his eyes at her. "But--but you barely even know me!"

Oliver shot him a cheesy grin. The next words flew from her mouth, the knowledge that this was a dream giving her newfound courage. Besides, she had been waiting to say this for a long, long time now...

"I'll be the Italian Wife you've always wanted."

Logan laughed out loud, his body shaking harder and harder with every exhalation—eventually tears started forming at the corners of his eyes. "I did say that, didn't I?" He chuckled again, placing a hand over his mouth in embarrassment. He turned around so that his back was towards her, trying to hold it together.

Oliver raced around to face him, not letting him get away with it. "Yes, yes you did." She stood on her tiptoes to kiss him again, this time locking her arms around his neck. When Logan eventually broke away, his cheeks were flush with pink. His next words were gruff, voice all low and gravely.

"You're f*cking crazy, you know that?"

No, that just makes me smart—anyone would be an idiot not to want to be with you.

She smiled up at him, the words leaving her lips so quietly, he had to lean close to hear. She grabbed at the fabric of his hoodie as he drew closer to her.

"I know."

He titled his head to the side, gazing down adoringly at her, a sweet smile forming at the corners of his lips. After a long moment, he broke eye contact and scratched the back of his head, fumbling nervously at the drawstrings of his hoodie. His ring got caught in the material, and he chuckled as he struggled to tug it free. "Listen, Brendan's coming over in like," he checked his watch, "thirty minutes, to start the vlog."

Oliver sucked in a short, sharp breath, remembering.

Here we go again...

He paused, moving in closer, eyeing her body up and down. The way he was looking at her...it was too much. A flood of shivers washed down her spine, and a burst of butterflies erupted within the base of her belly. She was starting to have trouble breathing properly...

Logan, you can't do this to me!!

He finally came out with it, looking her dead-pan in the eyes—her heart literally stopped beating. She held her breath, anticipating his response.

I already know what you're going to say...

"Do you think you wanna be in it?"

Oliver lunged towards him, throwing her arms around his neck.

Do you even have to ask?

"Duh."

She smiled, staring intently into his ocean eyes.

"I'll be the best clickbait you've ever had."

Logan smiled and lifted her off of the ground, spinning her in several circles around the room.