Chapter 30 - U Gud Bro?

Oliver's POV

Oliver glanced up nervously at Logan, struggling to hold herself together. Every part of him, from the way his blonde hair flopped on top his head to the way his grey joggers swung loosely around his hips looked so real—she couldn't get over it.

How can this only be a dream? I'm going f*cking crazy...

"I get it." Her voice cracked. "This is just, I'm just dreaming..." she looked off to the side, too scared to look him in the eyes, "...right?"

Logan shot her a wide, side-eyed stare, looking completely weirded out.

"Uh, no...don't think so, bro."

Oliver continued to shake her head, staring up at him fiercely this time. She shouted the words louder, trying just as hard to convince herself.

"No, I know I'm right. Tomorrow I'll wake up, and none of this will have ever happened." She threw her hands in the air and screamed in frustration.

"UUUGH!"

............

There was an awkward beat of silence, and Oliver covered her face in her hands, muttering to herself. "Come on—wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up..."

At that, Logan burst out laughing—so hard, spit started flying from his mouth. This only made him laugh harder, body shaking, eyes shutting tight, the corners of his mouth stretching wide enough that every tooth was visible. "What the f*ck are you talking about?" He grinned, wagging his finger at her. "No, no, I know what you need..." He headed towards the desk in between the kitchen and the living room.

Oliver groaned loudly, crossing her arms tightly over her chest.

"Logan, I swear, if you pull out that effing survey—"

Still shirtless, he raced over the last few feet to the desk to flip through a dark blue binder, knocking over a bunch of random CDs in the process. Grinning, he tore a single sheet of paper from the top of the stack, holding it up playfully in front if her face.

She rolled her eyes, trying to suppress a laugh. Even when she was angry, his laughter was so damn contagious...

"Oh my God, I don't need your stupid sur—"

He laughed, shoving the paper at her chest.

"Wrong. Everyone needs the survey!"

She looked down at the plain white sheet of binder paper in her hands, the words 'U GUD BRO?' printed front and center in all caps. Underneath, in smaller letters, were the words 'circle one',  and below that were the options 'YES' and 'NO.'

Yep, this is familiar...

Logan raced back to the desk to grab her a pen, grinning as he placed it between her fingers.

"Answer it, and I'll be right back."

He raced off to his room, and she shook her head, clenching the paper and pen in her hands.

"Where are you going?"

He shouted back.

"I told you! I have to vlog soon! F***ck, I gotta get—" His voice faded as he disappeared down the corridor.

Oliver stared down at the paper again, sighing.

Now what the hell do I do?

As she continued to stare at the survey, the corners of her mouth raised into a smile.

If none of this is even real anyway... Might as well have a little fun...

She uncapped the pen and circled the 'YES' several times, then made the necessary corrections to the top line, grinning.

Let's see how you react to that, Mr. Paul.

She folded the sheet down the middle and then hid it behind her back, waiting for him to come back to the living room. Within seconds, he sauntered in with a new bright pink and grey Maverick hoodie and the same grey joggers as before. They swung loosely around his hips, and if it weren't for the sweatshirt, she would have had a lovely view of his angled, defined V lines. She bit the corner of her lip, imagining it instead.

Logan approached her, raising his eyebrows at her expression.

"What?" He chuckled. ".... did you finish it?"

He swiped for the paper behind her back, but she ducked underneath his arm and flew past him towards the door.

Before she got much further, he caught her behind the waist, towing her back towards him.  

"Not so fast.."

He smothered her in his strong arms, locking her into a tight embrace against his chest. The feeling was enough to knock the wind out of her.

Logan swiftly grabbed the paper from her hands, hot breath hitting the back of her neck as he bent down to read it. A row of goosebumps rose along the surface of her skin.

"Let's see what we have here..."