Blind Visions (5)

***Writers Note: Please refer back to chapter 4 if you are looking for the new chapter as of Dec 5th. If you are reading any time after this date go ahead and just continue reading. I had switched up the chapters a bit and put a chapter in between the original 3 and 4. Let me know what you think!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The boys met up for breakfast the next day. Tristan had suggested McDonald's, but they decided on a small sit down restaurant called Millbreak's Crepes instead.

Tristan read a white sign with red letters sitting on a podium. "Please, choose a seat and a waiter will be with you shortly." Tristan looked to the other boys and led the way to a small booth squeezed in the corner of the restaurant. Televisions silently played a range of different channels. Julian sat himself in the direction of the tv. As Tristan read the menu off to Patrick, Julian was focused on what was on the screen. A sobbing older woman with short bouncy hair was being interviewed. Julian searched the screen trying to find out what was going on. Headlines scrolled across the bottom, but nothing seemed related to the woman he was watching.

Julian caught the next waitress that passed by. "Is there a way you can turn subtitles on or turn the volume up for just this tv?" He asked curiously. The waitress handed him a small remote without saying a word and continued with her duties. He turned the volume up just enough for their table to hear, as to not interrupt anyone else in the scrunched up restaurant. Tristan and Patrick continued to talk about the menu.

Julian shushed them. "Wait, you guys. Let me just listen to this really quick." The boys stopped their conversation. Tristan turned to face the tv.

The woman had tears streaming down her face, and was struggling to get words out. The interviewer held a microphone up to her face, as if bombarding her with questions was going to make her feel better and end world hunger all at once.

"I hate that shit. Reporters are so disrespectful towards people that just went through something traumatic. And just to get information too. Who cares!" Tristan shouted at the tv "Leave the poor woman alone for god's sake. She probably just wants this to be over and have her life go back to normal." Julian ignored his friend's rant and continued listening to the woman's story.

"We need hunters out here! These wolfs aren't just killing livestock anymore. They killed my husband and destroyed the chicken coup that he spent 2 years building!" The woman was hugging herself as she attempted to find the right words. The camera jumped to a shot of a trashed chicken coup. Shredded wooden chunks littered a gravel pathway. It seemed as if there was chicken wire wrapped around the coup at some point, but something definitely removed what looked like all of it. Strange chunks laid next to what Julian assumed was a decapitated chicken.

A man in a suite spoke at the camera. "Jane Benson has started a website where donations are welcome. She is trying to hire hunters to eliminate these wolfs once and for all. For now they continue to be a menace to our community. To donate and for more information, please visit Jane Benson's website at www.JusticeforFrankie.org."

Patrick faced the direction of the tv with wide eyes. "I recognize that ladies voice."

"I doubt you know her." Murmured Tristan stirring his coffee with his finger "I mean she lives in this area but so do a few thousand other people." Three waters were set down by a blonde waitress. "Can I get a spoon to mix this please?" Asked Tristan, who was now obviously annoyed.

"No I'm serious. The other night when we were at that party. I swear it's her voice that I heard." Patrick reached into his bag that was attached to Toothless' harness and pulled out some painkillers. He still had a massive headache from the party two nights ago.

Julian laughed. "I'm sure you did Patrick. Alcohol can make you do and hear crazy stuff sometimes. I'm sure you're feeling the aftermath of that." He grabbed the bottle and replaced it with Pedialyte. "This will help way more."

"Thanks," said Patrick "but I'm serious. I can even describe what she looks like. You know those dreams I've been having? Well it's almost as if I can see temporarily."

Tristan slammed his fists on the table knocking over his coffee. "Oh I call bullshit on that one!"

"Old, short brown curly hair, kind of fat. Husband is really tall and scrawny. He has really long fingers too but I don't remember how I got that detail."

Tristan and Julian froze. "He's... 100% right." Julian said as Tristan held up 3 fingers in front of Patrick's face and waved it around. "How do you know that?"

"I'm telling you, I can see stuff somehow. Only in my dreams though, it's so weird. I don't understand how my brain can just come up with something like that. I've never even met these people."

Julian smacked Tristan's hand out of Patrick's face. "He's actually blind dumb ass. It's not like he was faking it for the last 5 years. Maybe you weren't drunk rambling last night after all."

"You said you saw her husband too, he's dead now though, so how?" Asked Tristan finally cleaning up his coffee mess.

"I don't know. But I saw him. Both of them, and their chicken coup." Patrick lied. Although it was just a partial lie. He did see both Jane and Frankie Benson and didn't know how he was able to see them. But he left out important details. Details like how he didn't just see Frankie Benson, he saw his death. He had a close up view of every wound that was inflicted on that poor man. Almost as if he was doing it himself, without actually being there. Patrick needed to understand what was going on more before admitting anything to his friends. He sure as hell wasn't going to bring up the fact that he saw them last night by the beach. They already thought he was crazy with a of this.

"Well as cool as that is, there's not much we can do with it. You can partially see now, yipee. But it's not like anything changes. A wolf still killed Frankie Benson and we're still wasting our winter break. If you all of a sudden developed some power that made it so that time stopped and you killed every wolf out there, then I would be impressed." said Tristan.

"No, I agree. I'm really happy for you Patrick. Keep us updated on those dreams though, I'm interested in what you're able to see now. Maybe keep a journal of it. You might end up being some crazy miracle child that scientists do tons of experiments on in the future." Julian and Tristan laughed.

"Not funny, but I will. I'm interested." Patrick said. Their food had finally arrived and the boys ate and talked more about school.

Later that day, Julian drove Patrick and Toothless home. Toothless helped his owner out of the car and nudged the door closed. Julian leaned across the passenger seat and threw open the door again.

"Wait, Patrick." Patrick stopped and turned around. "If you have any more dreams like that tonight, write them down and let me know what you see. Tristan might not be that interested but I definitely am." Said Julian.

"Will do, man." Patrick asked Toothless to close the door once more, and they headed inside for the night.