Beauty Comes With a Lot of Pain

Sayonara Shaving!

Told you I was random. After all, this journal is called 'This and That' for a reason.  So I'm here to talk about Shaving.

Yes. I used to love it because I dislike waxing since my skin is very sensitive so I remove my hair on my own. I already tried a bunch of DIY creams but it doesn't give me the satisfaction because the hair grows out in like a few days. So I  was watching youtube yesterday and  I totally forgot what I was watching. I found a video titled 'armpits' and as I watched it I couldn't help but admire her very white armpits.

LOL So yeah, every beauty tip i've read always mentioned that shaving is NOT good!  Well, it's my fault for ignoring that. So I watched another video and she showed us this little gadget called an 'Epilator' some of you might know what it is and for some of you who are completely clueless what it is - it's actually an electric tweezer. It looks like  an electric shaver but no, it's not.

So I grabbed my purse and keys and set off to the wild blue yonder. LOL i'm kidding. I just hopped in my vehicle and went straight to Bed Bath and Beyond because I saw one of the youtube comments stating that's where you can buy it from. Unfortunately, there was one for freaking $99. So I drove to Walmart but all they had were electric shavers and I refuse to buy another razor especially if it's worth $40. So the last store I went to was Target and - Hallelujah, I was in luck! They had one for $59.99. It's the Remington brand. And in my favorite color, too.

I charged it overnight and used it this morning. Fuck! It hurts like hell! But hey, no pain no gain! My armpits looked smoother now compared to when I shave. Say goodbye to dark underarms and hello clear and smooth armpits! LOL

And I've always learned a lot from my mom and my auntie's back in the Philippines when I was younger, I would watch them do their DIY beauty regimes and just by using the ingredients from your kitchen it solves a lot of beauty blunders and it's all natural and less harmful to your skin compared to using too much chemical based products.

I unboxed it last night and read the instructions. Where the fuck was I when this came out? I ddn't know anything about this! I guess when it comes to your body, you should pay a lot of attention. Sometimes investing in something a bit pricey can save you a lot. Quality over quantity. Sure, you can save money by buying cheap ass razors that only gives you nicks and cuts and at the same time gives you dark and rough stubbles but then if you invest on a certain product like an epilator, you can save a lot by ditching the razor. Compared to shaving where it only cuts the top, the epilator pulls out the hair uncluding the roots so that makes your skin smoother and hair free for weeks.

The epilator that I bought has 42 tweezers. It comes with a small bag and a rechargeable cord. A small brush and a precision epilator head for a detailed hair removal.

Use it for your underarms, chin and legs. However, I don't recommend it for your upperlip. Believe me, i tried and it huuuuuurts! I'll stick to my Nair instead.

Check out the picture on the right. And if you're asking 'What the fuck's the lemon for?'  It's part of whitening your armpits, I'm pretty sure the whole Philippines knows about that since it has been a part of the best ingredients of Philippine beauty products as long as i can remember.  Lemon is good for all parts that are dark, like underarms, knees, elbows and... That part down there? LOL just rub lemon or calamansi (tiny lime like citrus) for a few months and see the results.

I bought the epilator wipes for my legs made by Braun it's $8.99 at Target. Depends on where you buy it from. As for your underarms, after using the epilator, you should exfoliate it to get rid of dead skin cells and put on some moisurizer after.

Don't be lazy when it comes to taking care of your body. Trust me, It'll all be worth it in the end.

It's true what they say, beauty comes with a lot of pain.