Good Times: Part Two

One Thousand Miles

Chapter  |  Good Times

Part  |  Two

I smiled as I looked at myself in the mirror. I was dressed in a strapless knee length red dress with a pair of red heels. Some of my curly hair was pulled back into a ponytail held by a white flower hair clip while some of it flowed over my shoulders. My lips were a bright red color while my eyes had gray eye shadow. 

I looked beautiful tonight, and I knew once John stepped out of the bathroom, he would think the same. Just as I heard the bathroom door creak open I placed my hands on the pearl necklace wrapped around my neck I slowly turned around to face him. He was dressed in black dress pants and a black dress shirt with black dress shoes. He looked somewhat ready, but all he needed to do was put on his tie and suit jacket.

As soon as these thoughts come to me, he points to the red tie around his neck. "Babe, mind helping me put this on?"

I smile and give him a small nod. "Sure."

As I'm tying it, he just rests his hands on my waist and slowly moves them back to my bottom. I blush and continue with tying his tie. When I'm finally done I pat his chest and take a step back. He gives me a quick thanks before slipping on his suit jacket and buttoning it up. While he's doing this, he's watching me as I watch him. "You know, you look really sexy tonight, I don't know if I'll be able to keep my hands off of you."

I giggle and shake my head in amusement. "You better Jonathan Schmidt, or else I swear I'll kick you in the crotch."

He winces. "Ouch, you're a violent one aren't you? And I just love it when you say my name, especially when I'm giving you---"

"Okay, okay shut up and let's go before we're late," I say as I cover my ears with my hands.

He chuckles and smacks my bottom before taking my hand in his. Once we exit the house, John opens and closes the car door for me before getting in on the driver's side. The drive to John's parents' house was about an hour away. They were hosting a party to basically give congratulations to John for being the next person in line to run his father's company. It's been a month since John had told me about the promotion, but he wasn't necessarily running the company just yet. His father wanted to finish what he started before handing the company over to his son. John's father had been doing less and less work as the weeks went by because John insisted he'd get prepared for the amount of work he would receive. Tonight, John would be just regular old John working for his father, but tomorrow morning when he went in for work, he'd be the owner of his father's company.

When we pulled up in John's parents' circular driveway it was already filled with other cars. It took a while for us to find somewhere to park before we finally found one and headed inside. As soon as John and I stepped inside, my eyes immediately landed on John's mother, Alexandria, who was speaking with a man and woman who looked to be in their mid-thirties. As if sensing someone was watching her, she turned towards me and a huge smile broke on her face. She turned towards the man and woman and said something to them before hurrying over to where I stood.

"There's my daughter in law! I was starting to think that you two weren't coming. What took so long?" she asked looking worried and slightly puzzled.

I smirked and nodded my head in the direction of her son, who stood beside me with his arm around my waist. "Your son here can't seem to keep his, "mini me" under control."

Her eyes widened in surprise before they formed into slits. "Jonathan Thomas Schmidt, do you not realize how big this night is?" He opens his mouth to say something, but before he can she continues. "You obviously don't because if you did you would be able to get through one night without craving sex."