"Oh.." Zak spoke barely a whisper as his arms dropped to his sides. Disappointment written all across his face but before any of us could say anything else, he changed his persona and nodded.

"Y-yeah that's a good idea cause uh, I hate having people around." He laughed slightly scratching the back of his head.

Billy seemed to have missed the whole episode and smiled at me "Get changed and we can get you sorted out."

*

Leaving Zak was harder than I thought, especially when I was guided out the door by Billy. All I wanted to do was bury my face in the crook between Zak's shoulder and head.

"Oh, I forgot my phone." I lied heading back into Zak's house.

Walking in, I found him in the kitchen, his back to me as he scrubbed at the kitchen utensils I had used.

"Zak.." I spoke making his hands stop, his head hung low for a few seconds before turning to me. "I'm sor—"

"So this is payback right?" He interrupted making me step back.

"For what? I don't understand."

"For the times I've messed around and hurt you, you're paying me back right? I mean after spending all that time together on lockdown and having you with me, I just..." he paused before shaking his head. "Just go. You made your choice when you went with Billy."

I baulked. "What choice?! I th-"

"It was him or me, dammit! And you know it! You could have stayed with me and Gracie but you didn't! I could have given you a room if you didn't want to sleep in with me!"

I shook my head "I don't want to finish with y-"

"Just go Katherine!" He snapped angrily making my breath catch in my throat. Now I knew he was angry.

"Okay.." I whispered. "B-but know I only chose Billy because you still want to hide in the dark." Tears brewed as I looked at his fists clenched at his sides.

Just tell him.. Tell him Kat!

"Bye Zak." I added before spinning on my heels and rushing out the house.

I bit my lip all the way back to Billy's house, I lied about having a headache when I cried. Not because I was hurting over the fact I had hurt Zak. Much.

Zak POV

Zak POV

Two seconds.

That's all it took for her to decide that she didn't want to stay with me. In fact she wanted to be with Billy. Who I knew for a fact did not have the room for her at his house right now.