Chapter 25

Isaiah, dressed in his red soccer uniform was running back and forth on the field; screaming at the his teammates in effort to keep up their connections. Each players on the field were extremely tall and fit; very good stamina as they were able to run almost miles in the grass.

I clenched my fist as I watched one of our players pass the ball around near the goal.

"May I sit here?" a voice asked me. Without worrying too much about it, I nodded with my eyes kept on the field. I bit my lower lip as Isaiah stole the ball without effort; and carelessly kicked the ball into the net. A big smile was plastered on my face as I clapped in excitement.

I know him!  I thought.

"Never knew you were a fan of soccer," the voice spoke up again. After realizing that the voice belonged to Landon, I nearly jumped out of my seat.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows as I lean away from him.

An entertained grin crept upon his lips as he casually shrugged, "You let me sit here."

I scoffed at his response, "I meant like at this soccer game."

"What? I can't support my best friend?" Landon asks sarcastically as he passes me a short, but happy laugh.

I couldn't help but to smile at how different Landon looks today.

His hair was still sticking up, his face we still as attractive, however he was wearing the red school t-shirt and he looked less . . . mean.

Landon smiles back at me before he turns his head back towards the soccer field. I watched him as he rests his chin casually in his palm, elbow easily placed on his knees, gazing out into the field with much attention.

I felt my cheeks suddenly warming up. I quickly got irritated about myself; and turned towards the front, soon to be distracted by Isaiah playing around with the ball.

From afar I could hear Isaiah laugh and disrespects the other player as he crosses sections between two opponents, easily passing the ball to another player. Not for long, Isaiah runs behind another opponent and catches the ball that was passed back to him. I bit the inside of my cheeks nervously as I watch him fiddle around.

Suddenly, an opponent runs up from behind Isaiah and intentionally elbows him in the side, knocking him off his feet before face planting onto the floor. The guy dressed in green snatches the ball and quickly makes a goal.

I looked at the scene, amused by how competitive these teens are.

"Oh, Come on!" I heard some people around me screaming at the referees, "Where is the red flag?"

Isaiah quickly got back up on his feet and ran towards the other side of the field. It didn't take long for the ball to be under his control again; he races down the field towards his goal. The same player with red hair that elbows Isaiah earlier, runs up to him towards the side and intentionally shoves Isaiah with his palms. He tripped over the ball and rolled a few steps on the floor before getting back up on his feet.

The crowd follows along with ongoing 'boos' and screams of anger. I rose my eyebrows. Is that allowed to happen?

Again, the referees didn't do anything.

Isaiah got up a second time with his hands up in the air. I couldn't hear what he was screaming towards his opponent, but he did not look happy.

"Oh no," I heard Landon say under his breath before sitting back on his chair; with a smirk creeping among his lips.

"What?" I asked him, totally annoyed by his presence.

Instead of answering me, he lifts up a finger towards my lips; telling me to hush before he points off towards the field with the same finger. I turned my attention back towards the field as I saw the players slowly running towards another crowd of players.