Chapter 22

"Hey Aubrey," Colton cheers, walking beside me with books in one of his arms, "Are you busy tonight?"

I lift an eyebrow and looked at Colton suspiciously, with half of my lip curving upwards; sending a slight smile.

"Why?" I avoided his question, and fully flashed him a playful smile.

"Because," he trails off, "let's hang out."

"Oh, like at Scoops?" I asked, teasing him as I stopped in front of his locker. Colton casually reaches for his lock as he dials in the combination before swiftly opening the metal door.

"No, silly," he responds joyfully as he pretends to be interested in his locker, "like to the movies or something."

"Like as a date?" I questionably looked at him, peeking out from behind his shoulder. My face flushed from the scent of his cologne.

Colton suddenly jumps, hitting his shoulder against the metal locker. A few books from his locker slips out before he catches them in a panic. I couldn't help but suddenly laugh at his surprising response.

He froze for a second before turning around on his heels, "A date?" he asks, putting his hands under his chin.

I pulled my books away from my chest and put it behind me, holding the stack behind my back at I stared up at him with daring eyes.

"Why not, a date with Aubrey Watson," Colton flashes a cool smile as he points at me, "Don't fall in love with me though, Ms. Watson."

I looked at his finger and smiled at it, before pushing his finger back towards his body, "Alright then, Mr. Adams. It's a date."

"Do you want me to pick you up?" Colton asks, as he pokes my forehead with his finger.

I shook my head in response, "Austin can drive me."

- - -

"No way!" Bella screeched as she clenched her fist, bringing it up towards her cheeks as he little arms shriveled up against her body, "I knew it!"

I smiled at her amusingly. Bella was absolutely beautiful; her personality even outshines how beautiful she is physically. In my eyes, Bella was perfect. She was caring, nice, pretty; but the only guy I've ever see her actually spending time with is Colton.

"Aubrey!" she calls, grabbing my shoulder as she shakes my body, "You're not lying to me are you?"

I release a laugh, and covered my mouth with the back of my hand. In a quick second, I pulled my hand away from my lips. I was copying how Landon laughs. I cringed at the thought before giving Bella my full attention again, "No, I'm not lying to you."

"You and Colton?" she asks, almost screaming.

I put my index finger against my lips and hushed her loudly, afraid of anyone else hearing.

Bella covers her mouth as her cheeks turned red. She leans a little bit closer to me and whispers the same question.

I nodded and smiled. It was obvious up until this point that I have a crush on Colton.

Bella continues to look at me with surprise written on her face. Her big brown eyes were wide open, her eyebrows were raised, and her mouth was slightly open; more like a half smiling half surprise on her lips. Her body was frozen, as her hand was resting on my arm on the table.

I stuck my tongue out and laughed at her. She also releases a laugh as she finally moves, trying to capture the reality.

"Aubrey, I'm so happy for you!" she hums as she grabs my hands, shaking it rapidly. Quickly afterwards a gasp escapes her lips as she covers her mouth, "What are you going to wear? What about your makeup? Do you need to borrow my dress again?"