Chapter 17

As we finished our plates, I stretched my arms out, arching my back as I feel my body tense and release. Landon released a chuckle as he reached out his hand towards me. I stared at it blankly, before softly placing mine on his.

"Let's dance?" he asks, wrapping his fingers around my hand.

In a panic, I pulled my hand back. I pressed my lips together as I hid my hands under the table. Landon rose an eyebrow in confusion, an embarrassed smile across his lips.

I avoided his eye contact before answering slowly, "I don't know how to dance."

Landon shook his head as he got up from his chair. He walks over to my side of the table before grabbing my hand softly, "I'll teach you," he smiled gently, guiding me towards the middle of the rooftop. Music suddenly starts playing from the speakers.

(a/n: listen to the cover i posted on the beginning of the chapter because it's freaking good and you'll love it plugplugplug, i'm not forcing you tho.)

I swallowed nervously, following him hand in hand. As we reached towards the middle, Landon swiftly pulls me in front of him as I slightly stumbled. He laughs at my clumsiness as I blushed in embarrassment. He grabbed my left arm, putting it over his shoulders as he puts his right around my waist. We locked fingers in our other hand as our body slightly swayed from side to side.

I took a step to the left along with him, looking down at our feet as guides to copy him. I could feel Landon laughing silently, his body shaking softly each time he releases a chuckle. I felt his hand carefully placed under my chin, as he gently lifts it up, looking his eyes in mine. My heart started racing against my chest; it was almost like I could hear the beats pounding against my ears.

"Just follow the beat," Landon says as he hums along with the song. Who knew that a tough, masculine jerk, listens to music like this. A smile crept upon my lips as we started dancing in synchronization.

There were a few moments where I stepped on his shoe, as he winced; not in pain but in an expensive topic. I laughed each time he reacted when I stepped on his luxury shoes.

Half-way through the song, Landon pulls me a little closer as he keeps his eyes locked in mine. His blue eyes was nothing compared to Colton. Landon's eyes were bright blue, piercing through my soul as if he could read my mind. His smile slowly drops and he opens his mouth, attempting to say something.

After a few minutes of hesitation, he finally speaks up, "Aubrey."

I tilted my head, an answer of 'I'm listening'.

He nervously licks his lip as we remain swaying from side to side, "I'm sorry for what I've done."

I stayed quiet as I avoided his eyes; looking out into the view. Half of me wanted to hug him, accept his apology and hoping that we would be able to start on a new page. The other half of me hated him, I wanted to push him away and go home.

I bit the inside of my cheek as I slowly drift away in thought.

"Aubrey?" his voice distracted me from my thoughts. I answered him with a soft hum, as our bodies were still rocking with the music.

A chuckle escaped his lips as the song ended. Another song played as more customers started walking towards the dance floor. I motioned Landon to go back to our seats, I wasn't feeling the dancing and I definitely wasn't feeling the music with him. As we walked back, I noticed that more couples were on the dance floor after we left.

Very rich, fancy couples. A grown lady in her mid-thirties was dressed in a silky blue dress, with a fur cloth draped through her arms and resting behind her back. Her blonde hair was put into a fancy up do as her earrings glistened under the light. Her date was wearing a black velvet suit, matte leather shoes with a black top hat.