Chapter Seven

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Boy was he relieved she got saved.  He was sure she won't be going home soon, with the judges save still in place but her shocking bottom 3 presence and subsequent elimination almost gave him a heart attack.  

Yeah, gall bladder pain and heart attack...lethal combination.

He almost kissed J.Lo.  She and the rest of the judges made a great call saving her.  He was in front of him now, singing for everyone.  Soon, the show will be over and he just had another thing to talk to her about.

He couldn't stop thinking about Colton though.  The way he hugged her so tight.  It should have been him and he meant to but he beat him to her.  He looked at him and he was looking at him too.

They engaged each other in a staring competition.  

"Hey guys, that's a wrap, head over to the mansion now" one of the PA spoke and that ended the staring bout.

"What was that about?" Elise asked him on their way out.

"What was what about?" he feigned innocence.

"Oh, don't pretend like I didn't see you both" 

He smiled.  He liked Elise.  He had grown closer to her what with both of them being asked to sing duets or trio together.

"Ah..so you saw that eh.?"

"You bet I did! " she answered

"Do you think the rest of them saw it too?"

"I dunno.  I don't think so.  It was an accident I saw you both at it too. He likes her too eh?"

"Yeah." was my short reply.  

"Well...what now?" she asked again.

"I don't know."

"I don't need to remind you about "her" right?" 

I knew she was talking about Hannah.  I stopped walking and faced her.

"I'm such a dope."

"No, just some love-struck 21 year-old white guy with guitar." she joked and I laughed.

"Promise you won't tell anyone about this." I asked earnestly.

"You're secrest safe with me brother...but you need to sort you're feelings out and soon.  Don't want you making one of us ladies cry." hugging me.

I hugged her back. I feels good that someone knows what I'm going through now and I'm doubly glad it was Elise.  I know she wouldn't tell on me."

"Let's go.  She needs someone to talk to her now.  This is your chance, hopefully Colton wont beat you to her again this time.  Scoot!"

"Not this time." I laughed and ushered Elise outside.

You bet he wont.  Not this time.