Chapter Five

Philip opened his eyes.

He was awake the whole time.  He was just pretending to be sleeping so he wouldn't have to talk to Colton.  Not tonight.

He almost wanted to talk to him when he blurted something out earlier.  Did he say who?  What was he talking about?  He made a mental note to himself to ask Colton about him some other time.

He couldn't sleep either.  He knew Colton was unable to sleep to earlier.  Normally, they would have talked about it but not tonight.

He had been thinking about a girl...and it wasn't Hannah, his girlfriend.

He was thinking about Jessica...and her song.

He already knows Jessica can sing.  Heck she has the best voice all of the remaining idol hopefuls, including himself.  But something about her song earlier was different.  She sang it differently.  She had more emotion into that song and that bothered him.  He wanted to know if Jessica was singing it for someone.

Deandre came to mind.  He was just eliminated a week ago, and he had seem both of them, inseparable.  Could she be singing for Deandre? It makes sense.  Jessica may have wanted to tell Deandre how she felt about him, but it was too late.  He was no longer in the mansion.

Then he looked at the sleeping Colton.  The guy was clearly in deep sleep.  He was snoring...not loudly, but snoring just the same.

"It could be him" he muttered to himself.  He saw both of them hugging after her performance and he didn't like the feeling it brought him.  How can he be thinking about that when he already has Hannah.

But something about the youngest contestant intrigue him.  He liked the way she laughed.  He heard it a lot of times, especially when Hee Jun was still with them.  It was like an angel's laugh.  he liked that she can be so shy but completely transforms into a different person when singing.  Like she said, she's Jessica when not on stage, and BB Chezz when on it.  He smiled at the thought.  BB Chez.  Adorable.

He heard Colton stir from his side of the bed and his thoughts went back to her mystery guy.  The only person he had truly made connection with so far was Hee Jun and after he left he pretty much kept to himself, preferring the company of his guitar.

But he had always kept a soft spot for her.  Jessica and her toothy grin.  They both lost their respective bestfriend's in the competition.  Then an idea struck him.  That's it....finally he had something in common with her.  He could try to be closer to her by talking about both Hee Jun and Deandre.  The idea spurred him so bad he wanted the night to end so he can work on it with her tomorrow.  

"Jess..."

Colton muttered to himself from the other side.  It wasn't loud enough but he heard it correctly in the stillness of the room they both shared.

"Jess?"  carefully he stood up to see if Colton would say something about her in his sleep again but his eyes caught Colton's phone.  It lit up after some text came in.  Very carefully, he reached for his phone and he saw her.  He had been looking at Jessica's twitter profile...he put his phone down but must have pressed on some button and it went to the homescreen...he had jessica as his wallpaper...

Chapter 6 later...